Maintenance Mechanic (2nd Shift)
Arranta Bio is a rapidly growing and dynamic bio-pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). Our vision is to be the best in class CDMO providing development and GMP manufacturing services to microbiome innovators within the pharmaceutical industry. Therapies focused on the human microbiome are exhibiting incredible potential towards revolutionizing disease etiology and associated medical treatments. Arranta Bio’s mission is to build a world class organization which provides microbiome bio-pharmaceutical innovators with a single source of supply from early process development through clinical and commercial GMP finished product.
WHO ARE WE
Arranta hires people who are committed and passionate to the goal of bringing life enhancing products to patients. We want top talent who will render ideas and a relentless desire towards accomplishing our mission; when a job becomes a passion, it makes you feel ALIVE.
Here at Arranta Bio, we embrace ALIVE – our core values that we live and breathe daily! We are Agile, Leading, Innovating, Value Creating, and Engaging.
We embrace our challenges as opportunities.
We are empowered to think and act.
We never settle; we strive to improve through purposeful creativity.
We build aligned teams who learn, grow, and deliver.
We are committed to building strong relationships.
Are you ready to come ALIVE with a daring and intrepid team? Don’t wait another minute; Apply today!
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing and documenting the required maintenance of the facility, systems, and equipment in a cGMP facility. The shift will be second shift to support 24 hour manufacturing activities. The required duties include Preventative and Corrective maintenance on the facility’s mechanical systems, Autoclaves, HVAC, WFI, Clean Steam, and other equipment as needed. Attention to detail and process analytical skills are required. Must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all staff levels. Additionally, this position is required to stand on a regular basis and use hands and arms to lift and reach. Must be able to lift/move packages and material weighing a minimum of 50 lbs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform maintenance of equipment and instrumentations on a routine basis as well as ad hock to support corrective maintenance activities
- Overseeing/escorting of contractors in support of maintenance activities.
- Review of job plans, JHAs, and working with engineering/end users to establish appropriate maintenance intervals/activities.
- Management of Spare Parts, Tools, and general shop inventory
- Adhering to all established Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Policies (i.e., lockout/tagout, arc flash, OJTs)
- Reviews and completes assigned work orders in a timely manner.
- Ensures adequate inventory of spare parts is available.
- Partners with team members to ensure daily production goals are met.
- Performs all tasks in accordance with companies established policies and procedures. Document all work perf Training new employees on the maintenance of equipment, safety of equipment, SOPs and GMPs on an as needed basis
- Ensure compliance with GMP guidelines and with all applicable company, federal, and local EH&S regulations, guidelines and policies
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment
- High attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks resulting in consistent productivity
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, take charge of projects and work effectively in a demanding, fast paced environment.
- Ability to function within and support a team environment and build strong working relationships
- Must be dependable and available to work overtime as needed
Experience and Skills
EDUCATION AND/ OR EXPRIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience operating and maintaining facility equipment in a medical device or pharmaceutical GMP Environment required
- Training or field experience in Autoclaves, Clean Steam, WFI, water systems, HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, electrical systems, and/or water treatment
- Experience with HazMat procedures is preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Waste Water Treatment License a plus
- HazMat Certification a plus
- Autoclave, WFI, Clean steam experience a plus
• The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel occasionally, drive a motor vehicle.
• Communicate using telephone and e-mail
- Phone reimbursement policy for qualified individuals
- Free parking
- Highly competitive healthcare with many plan options:
- Medical (HMO/PPO/EPO)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Up to 10 weeks of 100% paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks of 100% paid paternity, domestic partner, & adoption leave
- Educational assistance program
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 100% match on first 5% deferred.
- A suite of Arranta Bio paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- Employee Referral program
- Competitive PTO plan, in addition to 10 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)