Research Associate - DMPK
Arcus Biosciences is seeking a highly motivated and team-oriented individual for the position of Research Associate in the Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting routine in-vitro ADME studies, qualitative and quantitative analysis of small molecules using LC-MS/MS, to support multiple drug discovery and development projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform LC-MS/MS method development and quantitative analysis of small molecules in various biological matrices.
- Conduct routine in vitro metabolic stability assays such as hepatocyte stability and microsomal stability assays.
- Perform other in vitro ADME studies such as plasma protein binding and blood to plasma partitioning as needed.
- Identify soft-spots and major metabolism pathways of small molecules in the in vitro system using LC-MS/MS.
- Perform data analysis and reporting of experimental results to project teams.
- Maintain and troubleshoot LCMS instruments.
- BS/MS degree in chemistry, pharmaceutical science, or related scientific discipline with 1-4 years of relevant experience
- Solid background in organic chemistry and analytical chemistry
- Hands-on experience in LC/MS/MS method development and quantitative analysis of small molecule using LC/MS/MS instruments, preferably SCIEX 4000, 5500 or 6500 series
- Experience with in vitro ADME assays is highly desirable.
- Experience with Thermo Orbitrap and liquid handling systems is a plus.
- Detail-oriented, strong work ethic, self-motivated, and proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills