Manager, Statistical Programming
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Manager of Statistical Programming is a strategic role which guides a team of Statistical
Programmers in the research and development of new pharmaceutical products. This role is directly
responsible for leading the statistical programming activities for a compound/indication or
therapeutic area in early development. The Manager of Statistical Programming must effectively
interface with Statistics, Data Sciences, Medical Writing, Regulatory Publishing and Clinical
- Leads the statistical programming activities for a compound/indication or therapeutic area in early
- Leads a team of statistical programmers and manages the resource planning for assigned staff.
- Ensures timely deliverables, that all quality processes are followed and consistency within the
- Develops and oversees the development of SAS programs for the creation of ADaM data sets
- following CDISC standards.
- Develops and oversees the development of SAS programs for the creation of Tables, Listings and
- Ensures consistency of ADaM data sets for individual studies and integrated data.
- Creates documentation for regulatory filings including reviewers guides and data definition
- Leads the development of standard SAS Macros and participates in the development of standard
- operating procedures.
- Provides oversight and mentoring of assigned Statistical Programmers, Statistical Analysts and
- Senior Statistical Analysts.
- MS in Statistics, Computer Science or a related field with 8+ years of relevant experience. OR BS
- in Statistics, Computer Science or a related field with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience leading a team of statistical programmers.
- In-depth understanding of SAS programming concepts and techniques related to drug
- In-depth understanding of CDISC Standards.
- In-depth understanding of the drug development process, including experience with regulatory
- Ability to communicate clearly both oral and written.
- Ability to effectively represent the Statistical Programming Organization in cross functional teams.
- Ability to accurately estimate effort required for project related programming activities.
• Statisticians • Data Scientists • Medical Writers • Regulatory Publishers
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.