Sr. Manager, Advanced Analytics, NA Commercial Ops
Sr. Manager, Advanced Analytics, NA Commercial Ops
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Senior Manager,Advanced Analytics within Gilead's Commercial Operations organization will be responsible for optimizing effectiveness of marketing spend in close partnership with the brand teams. This includes marketing mix modeling to measure the impact/ROI of promotional tactics and deployment of predictive analytics to guide future marketing activities. This role will report to the Director, Advanced Analytics and will interact with senior management.
The individual in this role must leverage a broad and deep skill set (functional expertise in analytics and data science, therapeutic area knowledge, communication skills, leadership and influencing, executive presence, etc.) to help drive the success of Advanced Analytics work across a variety of key stakeholders - including brand marketing leads, peer functional leads within Commercial Operations, and executive leadership.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Executing marketing mix and pathway modeling projects (with vendor support) to attribute impact across tactics and understand tactic interactions
- Performing dedicated tactic measurement projects to understand ROI for individual large spend tactics (e.g., DTC campaigns)
- Developing/deploying predictive analytics using Machine Learning techniques leveraging disparate data sources including de-identified patient data, healthcare provider data, sales data, and promotional effectiveness/activity data
- Owning all aspects of the marketing measurement / marketing mix process - ensuring data accuracy, reviewing model outputs to ensure quality and identify key insights, building compelling presentations, and delivering results to brand teams
- Developing detailed insights on tactic execution (e.g., audience quality) and early indicators of tactic impact to enable adaptation of tactical plans throughout the year (e.g., media and channel optimization)
- Set an expectation and goal to serve as a trusted advisor to business unit leads and partners/stakeholders across the organization; focus in all cases on the business need, extract and delivper key insights and implications for Gilead, and tailor and present findings appropriately to maximize relevance and impact
- Collaborate effectively with senior leaders across multiple functions and business units
- Communicate complex dynamics/challenges in a clear and concise manner to senior leaders
- Provide recommendations with objective and actionable insights to senior and executive management
- Navigate organizational complexity effectively in a professional manner
- Demonstrate strong Gilead core values - Integrity, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork and Inclusion
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
- BS degree or higher (or equivalent); Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, or related discipline is preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience is desirable, preferably in a biotech or pharma setting; relevant experience in consulting focused on pharma analytics and/or data science would also be considered
- Strong prior experience in marketing analytics, tactic measurement, and marketing mix is required. Should be comfortable managing all aspects of the analytics process, including managing a large number of data sources, analyzing and ensuring data quality, directing the work of analytics partners, and generating and validating key insights
- Evidence of team and project leadership (interaction with cross-functional partners, conflict resolution, and consensus-driving) and project management (planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management, and plan execution) is required; Proven history of working and delivering on multiple projects simultaneously, with tight deadlines and changing priorities is required
- Strong communication/influencing skills and executive presence required; Proven experience communicating complicated analytics simply and clearly for senior management is required
- A foundation of experience in oncology is desirable
- Strong ability to use Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint and Excel) to present quantitative data in graphical form is required
- Training and experience with various advanced analytics concepts including supervised and unsupervised algorithms (e.g. decision trees, random forests, gradient boosted machines, linear/logistic regression, clustering, etc.) is desirable
- Passionate about the function
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency