Senior Manager, Global Social Media
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
- Evolve and manage CSL's social media management systems and processes within the context of a highly regulated environment.
- Directly manage social media channels and collaborate with other channel owners across businesses and functions in the US and globally.
- Strategically plan social for a global, matrixed environment to ensure best practices that support business needs without compromising the authenticity of the channels.
- Identify audiences and lead the production of carefully curated content that is aligned and tailored to them.
- Develop organic and paid social media campaign strategies to generate engagement and followers, and amplify the brand's message.
- Advise business partners on best practices.
- Lead and evolve the CSL global social media network.
- Manage and evolve CSL's social media governance framework.
- Evolve the issues and crisis management framework for social media.
- Develop a social media management training and awareness program.
- Establish a framework for the consistent planning and execution of social media advertising.
- Manage and grow the social media employee advocacy program.
- Use the Canva design tool to ensure all post creative matches the brand/s as needed.
- Work closely with the content COE to leverage and maximize the impact of content through owned and earned social channels.
- Analyze data and generate meaningful and actionable insights in a repeatable and consistent way.
- Leverage external networks and vendor relationships that help drive CSL's social media activities.
- Monitor social channels comments, messages, and triage as necessary.
- Enhance listening capabilities across business lines.
- Escalate business risks to appropriate channels.
- Lead the Social Media Steering team through channel requests and educate them as needed on updated regulations for the FDA and its comparable counterparts in countries we cover.
- Oversee the social media adverse event monitoring process.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism or closely related field that develops written, verbal and communications skills. Or
- Bachelor of computer science, information technology or closely related field that develops technology understanding and practical skill.
- 5 years in external and internal communications/media relations/public relations/marketing.
- 5-plus years of progressive Social Media experience and responsibility.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, strong presentation but diplomatic presence.
- Business-fluent in English.
- Stakeholder management - Effectively build relationships within the organization to help achieve business outcomes. Demonstrates excellent stakeholder management skills with a wide variety of key stakeholders.
- Channel Management - Effectively selects the most beneficial channel mix depending on audience and desired outcomes.
- Audience Understanding - Develop thorough understanding of internal stakeholder motivations and preferences and opinions to achieve communication goals such as clear understanding, engagement and active support.
- Creativity Develop engaging content that is aligned with overall Global communications.
- Technical skills Using a range of social media, web and graphic design tools.