Global Payroll Manager
Reporting to: Sr. Accounting Manager
Permanent and Full time
Orchard Therapeutics is a leading global fully integrated commercial-stage company dedicated to transforming the lives of patients with rare diseases through innovative gene therapies.
Orchard's portfolio of autologous ex vivo gene therapy programs has demonstrated sustained clinical benefit in over 150 patients across five disease areas. These programs include Strimvelis®, the first autologous ex vivo gene therapy approved by the EMA in 2016, 3 programs in advanced registrational studies in MLD (metachromatic leukodystrophy), WAS (Wiskott Aldrich syndrome) and ADA-SCID (adenosine deaminase severe combined immunodeficiency), 2 other clinical programs in X-CGD (X-linked chronic granulomatous disease) and beta-thalassemia, as well as an extensive preclinical pipeline.
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, the Global Payroll Manager's primary role will include performing all payroll-related functions consistent with Company policies and processes.
Key Elements and Responsibilities
- Process bi-weekly and off-cycle multi-state payroll utilizing ADP Workforce Now
- Process monthly international payroll for United Kingdom, France, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Belgium, utilizing ADP Celergo
- Coordinate with internal and external legal and tax advisors to ensure all earnings, deductions, and fringe benefits are appropriately reported for tax purposes and company complies with all international, state, and local requirements
- Maintain and update employee records on payroll systems
- Respond to routine inquiries concerning payroll deductions and accruals, wage garnishments, preparation of manual checks, and employment verifications
- Correspond with US federal, state and local agencies
- Ensure adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) processes and internal controls
- Register for employer payroll tax accounts in new domestic or international jurisdictions as employee base expands geographically
- Collaborate with Human Resources on administration of 401(k) and other benefit plans
- Reconciliation of quarterly 941s and the reconciliation and distribution of annual W-2 reporting
- Performs routine audits of payroll and benefits data and supports audits by benefits providers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Requires a college degree with a minimum of 5+ years of multi-state and international payroll experience
- Extensive experience with ADP Workforce Now and ADP Celergo a must
- Comprehensive understanding European and US compensation laws and payroll practices
- Internal controls (SOX) experience
- Ability to follow instructions for multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment, with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to adapt and take initiative to resolve problems and proactively help the team when needs arise
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills, and diplomacy
- Ability to work independently and partner effectively with other team members
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products