Associate Director, Project Management (Drug Discovery)
Position: Associate Director, Project Management
Reporting To: Vice President, Clinical Operations
- Associate Director of Project Management will be responsible for managing mid to late stage research programs in the key areas of Oncology and Fibrosis. They will ensure smooth progression of programs and be key team member to facilitate effective communication among team, management and business development as needed. Also, as needed project manager will manage collaborations and alliances with external companies. Manages Project Coordinator staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and extended Microsoft programs (e.g., Project, Visio, etc.)
- Must be extremely organized; able to multi-task; work well with others across different disciplines and levels in a professional setting; flexible and adaptable to changing priorities; have effective time management and effective communication skills
- Manage timelines and activities for mid to late-stage research programs to support the company pipeline – specifically IND-enabling endeavors related to: chemistry, manufacturing, and controls (CMC); supply chain management (SCM); preclinical (PC) pharmacology studies; and nonclinical (NC) safety studies as well as activities related to drug product nomination
- Project management for research collaborations and partnerships
- Interface with external parties (e.g., CROs, business partners, etc.) as the Nitto key point of contact to coordinate cross-functional and inter-company dealings
- Line management of senior project coordinator
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or other related field
- 10 years+ experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology field with 5+ years in project management
- Experience as alliance manager
- Certifications and relevant coursework for pharmaceutical development, project management
Physical Job Requirements:
Office Environment. Lifting up to 10 pounds may be required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad or to write, as well as talk and hear. They are required to stand, walk or sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
Date Job description Created:
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities of position may change as need arises. The employee will be notified of the change. Relevant work experience may also be substituted for education or certification, at company’s discretion.
Nitto BioPharma, Inc. is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company located in San Diego focused on the discovery and development of novel RNA-based therapeutics for intractable diseases. Nitto BioPharma offers unique RNA drug and its delivery solutions by designing novel biodegradable drug delivery systems with the ability to target specific cells and efficiently deliver the cargo into the cells. Clinical assets include two Phase 2 clinical programs, a first-in-class drug for the treatment of liver fibrosis (with Bristol-Myers Squibb), and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, as well as a Phase 1 oncology program to treat non-small cell lung cancer.
Nitto BioPharma's mission is to develop and deliver innovative life-transforming therapies for patients with unmet medical needs. Leveraging the long-standing success and track record of Nitto Denko Corporation (Nitto), Nitto BioPharma has created a new and efficient business unit that allows pharmaceutical products to be brought to market at a fast pace. Our long-term vision and unparalleled, multi-disciplinary team of researchers from all over the globe make Nitto BioPharma a vibrant and exciting work environment.
Nitto BioPharma is a key asset of Nitto. Since its establishment in 1918, Nitto has created over 13,500 products based on its core technologies and has contributed to customers' value creation with innovative ideas. The core of Nitto's life science business consists of contract manufacturing and drug discovery. We offer competitive pay and benefits with generous paid time off.