Business System Consultant – OEC Compliance Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Business System Consultant for Office of Ethics and Compliance (OEC) will own and drive data strategy, data platforms and analytics solutions partnering with the OEC compliance operations business team to proactively detect non-compliance and mitigate risk to the business.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provides leadership to a team of project managers, business system analysts and developers responsible for building high impact data platform and analytics solutions.
- Delivers business insights and solutions through analytics and machine learning.
- Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative technology solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices. Proactively seek out strategic business opportunities with business unit executives for the application of new or existing technology capabilities. Establishes standards for analytics and visualization.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made. Also accountable for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- Assists with the creation of technology roadmap in alignment with business strategy.
- Collaborates and partners effectively with cross-functional BTS teams as well as external vendors.
- Able to lead and influence within a matrix organization without direct authority.
- Oversees Application Support Issue resolution, decommission activities, post data archival partnering with Managed Service Providers
- Proficiency in one or more of the data visualization tool or platform (Power BI, Tableau, Power Apps, Qlik Sense).
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Provides direction and guidance to junior team members.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 6 years’ experience; PhD with 2 years’ experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in designing and deploying and analytics solutions.
- Ability to interact and work effectively with all levels of management.
- Experience working with SQL queries using Oracle or SQL Server databases
- Strong experience with SLC process and documentation
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to ETL interface solutions for SAP/Concur/Veeva/SFDC
- Experience using Agile methodologies and practices.
- Project management experience
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.