Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics & Business Insights
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics & Business Insights
AbbVie is seeking a talented Marketing Analytics professional to provide analytic leadership and identify business and resource optimization opportunities for our Allergan OTC business. Successful candidates will be able to thrive in a dynamic environment and have a proven ability to derive and meaningfully communicate insights and information that influences business decisions.
The Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics will create and develop analytic solutions based across several different business needs for the Refresh OTC brand. The individual will derive findings and implications from syndicated data and CPG analytics use cases and models to strengthen commercial understanding of marketplace dynamics, brand performance, and opportunities for growth; inform financial forecasting and brand planning processes; and develop fact-based marketing and sales investment strategies to optimize performance. The individual has demonstrated ability to align business issues with analytic findings and implications with some supervision, and is a highly effective communicator of results.
- Guide development of marketing investment strategies to increase the effectiveness and/or efficiency of promotional activities - and influence deployment of strategy through executional recommendations across marketing and sales tactics. Complete timely evaluation of program impact/response and recommend appropriate actions.
- Accountable for delivery of Marketing Mix Modeling program and other analytic models to drive optimal allocation of variable marketing and sales investments for the brand, as well as identifies and quantifies areas for executional improvement.
- Leverages Marketing Mix modeling along with other forecasting techniques to develop, maintain and communicate demand forecasts in support of all brand and financial planning processes, effectively advising the organization in setting financial expectations for assigned brands as well as optimizing the allocation of resources to achieve the plan.
- Deliver consumer, competitive, category and economic insights based on analytics generated by leveraging multiple data sources, including syndicated consumption tracking, syndicated HH panel, Amazon vendor central, Amazon Media Group, eCommerce, and internal shipments. Integrate and synthesize information to report key insights to internal stakeholders.
- Leverages HH panel data and relationship with syndicated tracking vendor to deliver consumer insights and recommendations relevant to market basket analyses, prevalence and nature of brand switching, new product source of volume analyses, New/Lost/Retained studies, and brand buyer decompositions.
- Leverages Amazon data portals to assess impact of all marketing programs and investments executed in Amazon. Seen as expert in delivering Amazon channel insights in relation to the categories Allergan competes.
- Partners with Market Research Director to deliver foundational consumer insights and recommendations relating to Market Structure, consumer targeting (“Strategic Value Consumer”), brand positioning, creative development, and new product development
- Develop and deliver category management, trade promotion, and SKU optimization analytics to inform both headquarter and field sales activities to drive retail excellence at the point-of-sale.
- Create innovative, sophisticated analytic models that address critical issues but also meet key business criteria (e.g., cost, risk, business impact) and key technical criteria (e.g., reliability, validity, and predictability)
- Manages external suppliers to increase and enhance the use of advanced modeling and analytic methods and produce results that fully leverage available data and analytics.
- Effectively communicate results of complex analytical models and influence action to improve brand performance
- Identify and evaluate data sources (coupled with analytic approaches) that will enhance customer, market and competitive understanding, and influence budget holders to secure sources that are essential to driving the business forward
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Administration, Statistics, Economics) required, with a concentration in marketing/sales/quantitative analysis. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 6-8+ years of experience in quantitative analysis of sales and marketing information; including use of this information in the development of business plans and strategies.
- Strong analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, business acumen, and creativity in problem solving
- Proven ability to build, maintain, and socialize demand forecasting models that are confidently used by Marketing and Finance as a key element in all brand and financial planning processes
- Preferred strong understanding of CPG brand marketing and applied marketing analytics use cases, category management applications, and the realm of shopper marketing
- Proven ability to analyze and drawing out insights across CPG syndicated tracking and HH panel data. Experience in consumer research techniques, e.g., survey development and administration, qualitative research methods, brand health tracking, a strong plus.
- Solid understanding of various marketing analytic domains (media measurement, promo optimization, digital marketing analytics, launch support, etc.) preferred
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Advanced agility, project management and prioritization skills
- Advanced vendor management skills
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively and to influence in a matrixed organization
- Command of Microsoft software programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Access). Experience in programming, such as SAS, R, or SQL preferred (but not required).
- Experience with BI tools, such as Power BI or Tableau, is a strong plus for the ideal candidate
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.