Executive Director, Product Management – Skin Quality - Allergan Aesthetics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Executive Director reports to the Associate Vice President of Marketing and is responsible developing a new aesthetic treatment category in skin quality. The role will focus on the imminent launch of a category creating product and the strategy to develop this market. You will be responsible for developing and executing brand marketing strategies that drive awareness and education with all audiences. This new technology will be a first-of-its kind injectable that fills the gap between current dermal filler options and topical treatments. This product will provide a solution for unmet physician and consumer needs and will be critical to the future development of the skin quality platform.
Responsibilities include developing comprehensive strategies and tactics that drive rapid HCP and consumer adoption, creating a strong value proposition strategy, and optimizing this product’s position in the JUVEDERM portfolio and broader Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. This role will work closely with the HCP community and will need to build strong relationships and gain product advocacy with KOLs and customers.
Strong collaborative skills are required, as the role will work across numerous internal and external partners and key stakeholders. Key partners including sales, Allergan Data Labs, consumer marketing, medical affairs, professional relations, finance, sales training, supply operations and Global Commercial Development. Additionally, strong analytical and presentation skills are necessary. The ideal candidate will have a solid track-record demonstrating strong business acumen, where s/he has successfully taken ideas from inception to completion.JOB DIMENSIONS:
- Responsible for leading a comprehensive commercialization plan, developing HCP product positioning, core messages, growth strategy and annual marketing plan. Analyze competitive promotional activity and implement appropriate actions.
- Reviews and responds to changing market dynamics, as indicated through market analysis, customer interaction and sales input, to ensure achievement of goals by directing activities to a rapidly evolving landscape.
- Provide ongoing program leadership, supervise vendors and agencies and support field execution. Monitor and accelerate program performance through sales and ROI analysis.
- Contribute towards achieving brand financial and market share goals, manage promotional budget, deliver quarterly profit targets
- Oversee the development and management of promotional programs and tools: Lead the team to develop promotional tactics and sales tools that support brand strategies.
- Manage the professional marketing and launch budget and evaluate program ROI’s
- Develop effective working relationships with Market Research, Global, Regulatory, Legal, Compliance, CRM Sales, key VIPs, physicians and other staff groups that assist in guiding marketing programs.
- Work with field sales representatives on a regular basis.
- Attend major conventions, Advisory Boards and meetings as directed. Stay abreast of Filler and skin quality science via medical and scientific literature, scientific meetings, and symposia
- Facilitate the timely approval of marketing pieces. Ensure medical, legal, compliance, and regulatory understanding and approve the business strategy.
- Provide ongoing insight and feedback to upstream colleagues to ensure viability of future portfolio. Assess market research gaps and needs, ensure market research plans address key insights. Constantly monitor the competitive landscape and prepare strategic plans to advance grow the collection. Lead other projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree in Business preferred
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible marketing experience with a significant portion in brand management for a market-driven organization.
- Solid knowledge of skincare/skin quality and the aesthetic injectable landscape.
- Experience in pharmaceutical or medical device marketing and launches is a plus
- Proven track record of creating brands with outstanding equity
- Experience in leading the strategic and tactical planning function in a team environment, including strategy formulation, competitive and customer analysis, tactical program development, budget formulation and management, and proven plan execution skills.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Financial/budgetary experience
- Excellent analytical skills (e.g., market and competitive dynamics and business performance) and the Ability to analyze difficult, complex situations, understand the details, and leverage the insights
- Ability to make difficult decisions, deal quickly and effectively with changes, and confront conflict constructively
- Comfort in a rapidly changing environment with competing priorities
- Ability to appropriately prioritize and execute multiple critical issues
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with an ability to make effective presentations to customers, sales team, and senior management to gain support for strategic and tactical initiatives
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to gain group consensus in a team environment that values industry knowledge, analytics and data-based decisions.
- Excellence focused, optimistic, open and authentic.
- Willingness to travel 40% of the time
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.