Sr. Mgr., Financial Planning & Analysis
Essential Job Functions:
- Overall responsibility for the annual Plan, forecast and recurring Management reporting for a Business Unit
- Key point of contact and resource for Senior Leaders across a specific Business Unit
- Responsible for coordinating and consolidating annual budget and forecast, including establishing planning calendar, developing instructions, standard templates, setting expectations and targets, supervising dissemination and gathering of inputs, supervising preparation of analysis and consolidations, identifying issues for further analysis and/or refinement, reviewing consolidation and analysis of Plan, identifying opportunities to drive bottom line improvement, ad hoc analysis & preparation/review of presentations to senior management.
- Identify risks & opportunities, concerns and trends to be monitored and tracked
- Presents to Executive Leaders at both the Business Unit and ELT level
- Responsible for ad hoc financial analyses and presentation of key results of this analysis to senior management including spend analysis/cost reduction/ control opportunities, preparation/review/consolidation of quarterly results of operations and financial modeling for senior management to drive change and accountability in the business
- Ensure organization meets both internal and external customer needs and proactively makes suggestions for areas of improvement
- Challenge and critically evaluate planning assumptions and projections with the business leaders to ensure we drive to the right outcomes and right level of risk
- Manages cross-functional teams during project execution
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience with at least 5 years of financial planning and analysis experience and strong knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to lead others (direct reports and business partners)
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to work autonomously and in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify problems, explore options and recommend solutions through strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Effective at managing, synthesizing and communicating complex information
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Accountable for personal and organizational excellence
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and frequent walking. Daily use of a computer, phone, office equipment and other computing and digital devices is required. May be required to stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some local travel may be necessary, so the ability to travel by plane, operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license and/or effectively navigate public transportation is required. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee must be able to read and respond to interoffice communications as well as effectively participate in meetings. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to lift up to 20 lbs., pull, push, carry, handle or feel. The employee is required to carry, handle items, reach with arms and hands, to stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. Mental demands may require prolonged concentration, reading comprehension, understanding and interpretation of concepts, ideas and philosophies. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving carts, mechanical equipment (copiers, computers, coffee machines) and vehicles. May be subject to smells and odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
As an equal opportunity employer, Avanir Pharmaceuticals is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation transgender status, gender identity, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All Avanir Pharmaceuticals employees, officers, principles, agents, and representatives are expressly prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Avanir Pharmaceuticals will reasonably accommodate any qualified individual with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions or the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Avanir Pharmaceuticals shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.