R&D Associate, Flow Cytometry
Regeneron's Research Flow Cytometry Core (RFCC) seeks a highly motivated Flow Cytometry Associate looking to expand their cytometry knowledge and skill set. The RFCC provides cell sorting, data analysis, instrument training, and maintenance services to all of Regeneron's research departments. In this exciting role, you will perform sorting experiments for the research staff and maintain various analytical instruments located across Regeneron's campus. Career advancement opportunities are available for those who rise to the occasion in this fast-paced working environment.
A Typical Day in the Role Might Look Like:
- Operate and maintain the following cell sorters: BD FACSymphony S6, BD FACSFusion, Beckman MoFlo XDP, and Sony MA900.
- Provide maintenance for the following flow cytometry analyzers: Attune NxT, FACSCanto II, LSRFortessa X-20, FACSymphony A3 and A5, Aurora, CytoFLEX and CytoFLEX LX, IntelliCyt PLUS and iQue3 Screeners, Stratedigm S1000EON, and ImageStreamX MkII imaging cytometer.
- Coordinate schedules for cell sorting equipment and maintain adequate inventory of flow cytometry supplies and reagents.
- Assist with panel design, assay development, and data analysis troubleshooting (FCS Express/FlowJo).
- Train users on the operation of the aforementioned flow cytometers.
This Role Might Be For You If:
- You are able to critically analyze and troubleshoot scientific problems.
- You have good scientific initiative and ability to multi-task, prioritize work and balance multiple projects.
- You can work independently but also within a collaborative team environment and have flexibility to work on changing priorities.
This role requires 1-2 years of flow cytometry experience. Knowledge of flow cytometry principles and basic flow cytometry experience is preferred. Sorting experience is desired but not required as the selected candidate will receive on-site training. Analytical problem-solving experience is preferred. The ability to work alone and in a team environment will help you be successful in this role. Must possess strong interpersonal skills. Must be flexible and willing to perform flow cytometric duties that expedite and support scientific staff's flow cytometric goals and objectives. Helpful experiences include cell sorting, tissue culture, cytometry staining, assay development, and data analysis.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.