Senior Analyst, Access & Affordability Solutions
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
As a member of the Patient Access & Affordability Solutions team, this individual will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of key strategic initiatives. The Senior Analyst function enables the effectiveness of patient financial service programs by performing various tasks across a broad spectrum of responsibilities. This individual will need to effectively collaborate cross-functionally to deliver business results. The role does not have direct reports but demonstrates the ability to lead without authority and work collaboratively with the integrated commercial team.
- Partner with Program Managers and MABI to track program performance through conducting variance analysis; provide analyses via periodically generated reports on key metrics and trends
- Strengthening the execution of access and affordability solutions programs by providing support on day-to-day activities, projects, and initiatives.
- Developing an understanding of U.S. patient services; build strong working relationships with cross functional teams (Patient Services, Finance, Purchasing, MABI and Compliance)
- Manage purchasing activities including purchase orders, statements of work and invoice approvals. This includes assisting in tracking and coordinating work specific financial activities.
- Work cross-functionally with various internal teams to develop and implement patient support services designed to meet the brand business objectives for optimal support of patients and health care professionals in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Collaborates with technical and business support staff. Participates in projects and completes tasks assigned by more experienced analysts and managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in patient financial services or relevant experience
- Functional knowledge in as many of the following areas as possible: Patient Financial Services, Insurance Landscape, Hub Support/Services, Compliance, Drug Reimbursement and Pharmacy Services.
- Experience working both independently and in a team environment.
- Lead small projects to delivery tactical results. Strong time management skills.
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.