Scientist l/Scientist ll CAR-T Cellular Therapy Discovery
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie has expanded its oncology hub on the West Coast, with three sites in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City, South San Francisco, and Sunnyvale) focused on the discovery and development of novel oncology therapies. More than 1,000 AbbVie scientists, clinicians, and product developers with strong entrepreneurial roots work across these three sites. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, cellular therapy, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join AbbVie’s rapidly expanding cellular therapy group. The successful candidate will have expertise in T cell biology and immunological functional assays.
- Responsible for generating antigen-specific CAR-T cells, creation of target antigen positive and negative cell lines, and functional biological assays.
- Ensure scientific excellence, quality, and completeness of key platform initiatives.
- Collaborate in a multidisciplinary research team in an exciting, fast-paced discovery-oriented environment.
- Work with multiple project teams to coordinate logistics and to conduct in vitro functional studies.
- Conduct studies within timelines to help achieve milestone decisions; anticipate potential hurdles and identify alternative strategies to minimize impact to project goals.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of research.
- Develop and deliver scientific presentations and reports for internal meetings.
- Work as part of a highly collaborative interdisciplinary team in an integrated and well-supported research laboratory.
- Review, comprehend and comply with all SOP’s and quality assurance standards pertaining to specific area.
- Scientist I: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education with typically 5+ years of experience or a Master’s degree (or equivalent education) with 2+ years of experience.
- Scientist II: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education with typically 7+ years of experience or a Master's Degree (or equivalent education) 5+ years of experience.
- Technical experience in immunology and oncology research with preferred experience in T cell biology including T cell functional assays.
- Practical experience with primary cell culture, T cell functional assays, and molecular biology techniques is required.
- Strong expertise in molecular biology, T cell biology, and oncology research experience is desirable.
- Skills include, but not limited to, flow cytometry (FACs), PCR, qPCR, ELISA, Luminex, retroviral/lentiviral based transduction systems, T cell clone generation.
- Background in immuno-oncology research
- Experience with in vitro mammalian cell culture
- Proficiency with software programs, such as Prism and FlowJo.
- Experience building strong relationships with peers and cross-functionally with partners outside of the team to enable higher performance.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation, and manages innovation to reality.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.