Manager, Social Media
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Corporate Social Media Manager is accountable for day-to-day management of AbbVie’s branded social media channels (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, etc.). The manager supports development and execution of the processes, training and analytics that improve and scale AbbVie’s social media presence. The manager ensures that our social media presence is relevant and engaging for AbbVie constituent audiences, drives communications efforts that support, promote and protect AbbVie’s strategic business objectives, image, reputation and enhances stakeholder perception and competitive position.
This role, as the owner of our corporate social media management platform, will handle the publishing of social campaigns and shareable content through the AbbVie Mobile News platform. The Social Media Manager also leads the cross-functional Employee Advocacy program, a pillar of building AbbVie’s reputation, to ensure it is effective and evolves to meet the needs of the organization over time.
Reports to: Director, Social Media
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
- Review corporate social media content prior to publication, ensuring it is brand compliant and effective in driving stated communications goals. This includes providing editorial direction for a high volume of content with internal content developers and multiple external agencies, we well as ideating, writing or editing social content as needed.
- Support the execution of paid advertising plans. Manage external agencies and work with social channels to ensure campaigns are effective and executed without error. Manage internal chargebacks and reconciliation.
- Collaborate with Corporate Marketing Operations Manager to maintain Social Media publishing calendar, leading content decisions in line with Corporate Communications strategic plan, commercial and health comms priorities, talent acquisition and other corporate function needs.
- Oversee the daily publishing and monitoring of corporate social content ensuring brand compliance, quality assurance and timely response or reporting as needed. Advise others (e.g. affiliates, functions, etc.) on the execution of content as social channels scale.
- Act as relationship owner for the enterprise Social Media Management Software used to publish content across all social media channels enterprise wide. Oversee associate communication specialist on configuring and training on the tool, managing user administration, and providing expertise on tool use and application to drive continual efficiencies and improvements in social media. Develop internal communication and training for product enhancements.
- Partner with affiliates and teams on set up for new channels (e.g. YouTube, Twitter, Facebook) to ensure controls are in place, functionality is properly and consistently configured, and the community manager is equipped to manage their channel.
Process and Training
- Reinforce content development timelines with stakeholders.
- Support the upkeep of the online Social Media Resource Center.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of regulatory guidelines for social media channels. Manage submission of content to regulatory review when needed.
- Provide expertise to affiliates and functions as targeted social media programs are developed, including developing channel strategy guidance, collaborating on program development, training on social media best practices, developing process to coordinate and publish regional social media content as needed, while ensuring alignment with brand, best practices and regulatory guidelines.
- Establish additional or improve existing processes and trainings as needed.
Trends, Analytics and Insights
- Produce insights and KPIs on social media that increase our understanding of the role and value of social media, and lead to continual improvements with a test and learn approach.
- Manage the reporting of specific campaign performance, identifying opportunities for improvement and best practices.
- Provide expertise in social media management, identifying and anticipating changes and opportunities in distribution channels and content by keeping abreast of evolving technologies and trends, platform and regulatory changes, and leveraging tracking and analytics.
- 6 years of marketing experience, preferably in healthcare, B2B or regulated industry (either client or agency based), ideally with 4 years experience managing social media channels
- Knowledge of various social media publishing and listening tools (e.g. Khoros, NetBase, etc.), preferably with hand on experience
- Project and process management experience with superior attention to detail
- Advertising and media planning experience
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to manage a several concurrent tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and prioritize competing tasks
- Experience supporting global clients
- Self-starter, proactive problem solver, with a service mindset
- Passion for social media and willingness to support publishing social media content (sometimes outside “normal” work hours)
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.