Senior/Principal Research Associate, Cancer Biology
About IDEAYA Biosciences:
IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage oncology-focused precision medicine company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality – which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.
IDEAYA recently announced a landmark strategic partnership with GSK in Synthetic Lethality for certain pipeline programs. The GSK partnership is transformative and enables IDEAYA and GSK to collectively build an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and well-organized and laboratory-focused senior or principal research associate that will play a key role in designing and executing cell-based assays and developing new methodology to evaluate our proprietary compounds. The successful candidate will work in a multidisciplinary team and contribute to the generation of novel therapeutics for the treatment of cancer. Position level will commensurate with experience.
- Develop and run assays supporting cellular and MOA studies
- Perform assays to support compound screening efforts
- Maintain and culture multiple cell lines
- Design research experiments with general supervision and work independently to execute experiments
- Analyze and interpret scientific results with general supervision
- Present data and report on project progress at individual, project and department meetings
- Maintain inventory of lab reagents and order general supplies
- Degree in cancer/cell/molecular biology or related discipline and 3+ years of related experience (BS/BA), or 2 years of related experience (MS)
- At least 2 years relevant hands-on experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry is preferred
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture using aseptic tissue culture techniques, western blot, ELISA, and qRT-PCR
- Experience with high-throughput compound screening, MSD platforms, or cell viability analysis is a plus
- Ability to develop, optimize and troubleshoot new cell-based assays
- Efficient time management and the ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and effectively communicate with cross-functional teams
- Has the ability to work independently and adapt to shifting priorities and timelines
- Attention to detail and enthusiasm for integrating basic science learnings with drug discovery efforts
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward.
Ideaya is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, Ideaya does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.