Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Molecular Biology
IconOVir Bio is a preclinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the next generation of oncolytic virus therapy to improve the treatment of patients with cancer. The Company’s proprietary oncolytic virus platform is based on technology developed by scientific founder Clodagh O’Shea, Ph.D., of the Salk Institute. It is designed to address key limitations of first- and second-generation oncolytic viruses and provide a personalized therapy for cancer patients.
Summary of Position
We are seeking an experienced molecular biologist/virologist to join our Virus Engineering group to help build a pipeline of virus-based therapeutics for the treatment of cancer. The successful candidate is expected to have a strong scientific background in molecular biology and/or virology, and will be responsible for assisting with the cloning, production and screening of virus therapeutic candidates using our proprietary virus assembly and screening platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform standard cloning techniques and construction of recombinant viruses (BSL-2)
- Expertise in primer design, PCR and sequence analysis
- Perform virus production according to laboratory protocols and SOPs
- Execute in vitro assays to evaluate virus candidates for activity in panels of human cell lines Includes culture of primary tumor cells and human cell lines using aseptic technique
- Identify, monitor and manage external providers for sourcing of molecular-biology specific reagents and activities
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail
- Analyze and interpret data, prepare summary tables and review raw data
- Manage material, equipment and instrumentation, and keep accurate inventories of supplies for laboratory; forecast future needs based on projections
- Write SOPs, study plans and reports
- Maintain electronic lab notebook and appropriate documentation
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to advance pipeline development
- Keep up to date with the literature in the field
- B.S. or M.S. in Biology or related field with 2+ years of relevant experience
- The ideal candidate will have a molecular biology, synthetic biology and/or virology background
- Hands-on experience with cloning techniques
- Hands-on experience with cell culture and aseptic technique
- Experience working with human viruses is a plus
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, effective communication, and demonstrated ability to work well across functional teams
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
IconOVir is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
IconOVir does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.