Collaboration Senior Manager, External Innovation
Collaboration Senior Manager, External Innovation
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development.
Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them.
By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include Virology, fibrosis, inflammation and oncology, headquartered in Foster City, California.
External innovation in partnership with biotech and pharma industry and academic institutions is a core component of Gilead's strategy to find future treatments for unmet medical needs
Serves as manager for multiple collaborative projects within the External Innovation (EI) department and ensures key stakeholders are involved and contributing to achieve technical success. Reports to Head of Collaboration Management and provides regular updates on progress / project needs.
- Organizes and manages joint project execution team meetings with collaborators to review status, identify issues/risks and problem-solve. Works in partnership with Collaboration Project Team Leaders to ensure timely, efficient, and effective meetings, and to ensure adequate progress on research activities between meetings
- Works in collaboration with internal Research, Alliance Management, and External Innovation leadership to monitor/manage progress toward defined program goals
- Maintains integrated timelines; understands key functional interdependencies, risks and associated assumptions
- Manages development of documentation to support decision-making
- Determines readiness for program review at governance meetings, review of critical new data and changes in strategy
- Monitors and manages readiness of collaborative program for licensing/internalization and coordinates activities related to internalization
- Drives efficient communication within team, to functions, collaborators and leadership
- Manages IP filing opportunities
- Contributes to the development of combined internal and external-portfolio tracking
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Must be able to support multiple project teams simultaneously and be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be well organized and have a strong attention to detail
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Must be versed with applications, principles, concepts, practices, and standards of pharmaceutical project management
- Requires in-depth knowledge and skill with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with Microsoft Project and other reporting and tracking tools is preferred
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- BA/BS and 8+ years of relevant experience OR MS degree plus MBA and 6 years of relevant experience OR PhD and minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. Must have pharmaceutical industry in R&D environment with project leadership and project management experience.
- Strong scientific acumen
- Strong leadership skills & emotional intelligence
- Broad understanding of industry and competitive landscape
- Detail oriented
- Experience should include participation in cross-functional project team activities
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency