Associate Director, Finance
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results. All while wearing jeans to work!
Associate Director of Finance
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE…
- A Key Strategic Partner. You will support and partner with Allergan Aesthetics.
- A Collaborative Subject Matter Expert. The primary objective of this position is to provide financial leadership and business support for the target function. Specifically, this position is responsible for financial planning and analysis related to Plan, Update, LBE and LRP, decision-making support and recommendations to Senior Management taking into consideration market dynamics, market share, market access and resourcing and strategic projects related to these franchises. In addition, this position is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the financial statements and staff development as required.
- Financial Planning - Lead the planning processes [Plan, UPD, LBE and LRP] ensuring accurate and timely integration of sales forecast, pricing and investment resourcing, ensuring senior management input to meet overall division/corporate calendar deadlines
- Ensure financial planning deliverables are accurate, clear and concise for Executive level review and approval
- Work closely with business partners to develop models that accurately incorporate market dynamics including market share and market access
- Be a strategic tool for target functions and provide clear and concise output deliverables that can be reviewed with Executive management
- Work closely with business partners to ensure adequate and appropriate resourcing levels to successfully launch functional assets
- Decision Support/Special Projects -- Provide analyses for ad hoc or other business presentations that lend insight into key business drivers enabling operating management to adapt more appropriate tactics/strategy to meet the LRP objectives
- Financial statement accuracy – Ensure accurate monthly reporting associated with functional strategic projects
- Staff Development – Potentially responsible for delegating to and coaching a staff of employees to ensure an optimal level of support to the business and provide coaching and career development opportunities to sustain a high performing staff
- Individual is expected to successfully perform all responsibilities with a high degree of self-motivation and autonomy
- Requires 7-10 years progressive accounting or finance experience.
- This position requires an individual with the ability and desire to proactively search out and evaluate business problems and opportunities
- Capability to direct efforts to achieve answers and results
- Ability to solve business problems through the proactive identification of issues and subsequent collection, analysis and interpretation of related data
- Demonstrated problem solving and analysis within a broad framework of AbbVie’s financial policies (CFMs), and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Preferred: MBA in Accounting or Finance and/or CPA/CMA
- Preferred: Multi-division experience and knowledge of the financial planning process
- Preferred: Solid understanding of automated accounting systems such as TM1, desktop productivity and mainframe accounting applications
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.