Associate Director, Clinical Education - Body Contouring
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Description: Associate Director, Clinical Education
Department: Body Contouring
The body contouring division is committed to the ongoing training and development of our sales team and customers. We are seeking highly talented clinical educators who will contribute to advance the development and success of our programs and strive to make the CoolSculpting® procedure a leader in aesthetics.
The Associate Director, Clinical Education will play an integral role in developing training strategies, with main responsibilities of managing a team of Clinical Training Managers, overseeing the creation of clinical content, clinical messaging, and treatment protocols. In addition, oversee and/or perform medical assessments, treatments, training, and support for all Allergan Training Center initiatives such as CoolSculpting University and New Hire Sales Training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
- Manage a team of up to 6 direct reports
- Plan clinical support for all course offerings including, but not limited to, CSU Core, CSU Clinical Masters, CSU Physician’s Insider, CoolSculpting Fundamentals Courses, CSU Elite & CoolTone Opt-Ins, New Hire Sales Trainings, Field Training Programs
- Oversee the Faculty Training Program and all corresponding communications and trainings
- Strategize with executive leadership teams to develop annual Customer Education & Sales Training plans
- Collaborate with other departments including Marketing, Sales, Sales Training, Medical Affairs, and Research and Development to identify training opportunities and deficiencies. Research, identify, and implement solutions to address these needs.
- Manage the development and implementation of all clinical training materials
- Travel and assist with clinical education needs in the field
- Collaborate with the training team to ensure adherence to the training department budget
- Ensure training centers maintain a safety-conscious working environment
- Onboard new employees and deliver presentations and hands-on training as needed
- Oversee the patient treatment programs in the Allergan Training Centers
- Ensure a friendly and orderly environment that fosters clinical education/instruction, in conformance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) or above by the certifying body.
- Licensed to practice in California, Virginia and Texas as a RN or above. If not currently licensed, ability to obtain a license qualifies immediately.
- Minimum of 5-7 years related experience is preferred.
- 2-4 years in a Medical Training role is favorable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Ability to create and deliver educational presentations to customers, peers, and prospects, with measurable results.
- Knowledge of FDA and regulatory statutes as applied to CoolSculpting products, with the ability to function in an environment controlled by outside regulatory entities.
- Classroom training experience on procedure training, consultation, business-to business (B2B) and selling skills are desired.
- Strong organizational, scheduling, planning and prioritizing abilities.
- High degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment.
- Occasional flexibility in work hours, including weekends, which may be required.
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 70%. Evenings, overnight, weekends, domestic travel is required.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required; Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred.
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which Allergan complies.
Language and Verbal Skills:
Individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
Analytical and Reading Skills:
Ability to read, understand and abide by company procedures. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and report on findings
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; up to 8 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to lift and carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Most work is performed in an office-like setting. The noise level in the environment is usually low to moderate.
Requires regular presence in a (clinical or engineering or animal) laboratory setting where protective equipment or other health and safety measures and training are required to protect against chemical, biological or other hazards. Noise levels may be high.
Allergan is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.