Senior Databricks and Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer
Amgen is seeking a Technical Lead at our Tampa, FL or Thousand Oaks, CA location to join the Global Commercial Operations Information Systems group as a lead developer for our AWS, Mulesoft, Databricks and Salesforce applications. You will be part of the Marketing product team to deliver technology services and solutions that achieve strategies and business goals including insights and analytics on the Pulse Service platform.
This position is responsible for designing, building and maintaining secure, scalable solutions on the AWS, Databricks and Salesforce Marketing Cloud Platforms working with other Platform/Product Owners, Architects, and within the broader technology team to develop products aligned with standard methodologies. You will stay abreast of the AWS and Salesforce marketing cloud/service cloud roadmap and capabilities, provide feedback to and develop standard methodologies, optimize engineering or release processes.
The technical lead will collaborate with various teams such as program management, development teams, operations, customer service, sales, brand/Patient support, legal, and safety, to lend clarification and support to requirements definition at all stages of the product life cycle.
- Ability to think strategically about technology and recommend solutions that align with patient & health care provider services strategy and achieve the greatest business impact.
- Build new infrastructure and analytics tools using Python, SQL, Databricks and AWS
- Handle day to day development & maintenance activities on the marketing platform using SQL, Python, Mulesoft (Dataweave) and SFMC studios such as automation/Ad studio.
- Support the creation of customizations and integrations required to solution delivery
- Lead major projects as a solution architect and guide/mentor junior resources within the team.
- Model data structures in Marketing Data Hub (AWS) for storing patient and health care provider marketing activity.
- Develop custom applications using Mulesoft, Databricks, SQL, Python & SFMC to meet business needs.
- Apply standard methodologies and experience to build Salesforce.com applications
- Build and maintain marketing campaigns using automations & journeys that groom prospects via email/text message
- Communicate software and system designs using UML.
- Collaborate with team members to apply abstractions and service-orientation to foster scalability
- Develop Test classes and automation to validate business logic and avoid production issues
- Work closely with other developers in the team including business analyst, QA analyst and project managers
- Research Salesforce.com capabilities as needed to suit business requirements, and provide a gap analysis
- Develop estimates for projects
Master's degree and 3 years of [Job Code's Discipline and/or Sub-Discipline] experience
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of [Job Code's Discipline and/or Sub-Discipline] experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of [Job Code's Discipline and/or Sub-Discipline] experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of [Job Code's Discipline and/or Sub-Discipline] experience
- Ability to work in a changing environment and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Superb interpersonal skills to work across and up through the organization, including partner/customer concern and mitigation of issues, risks, and business impacts
- Advanced problem-solving capabilities and the ability to use constraints as opportunities
- Working understanding of Agile, Scrum, Design Thinking, and Lean Startup principles
- Experience with Tableau and other reporting and analytics tools
- 1+ years of experience developing SFMC applications
- 2+ years of working with clients and vendors developing solutions and supporting projects from requirements capturing to release management
- 3+ years of experience with AWS Services like EC2, S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Glue, Athena, RDS, Lambda, API gateway along with Spark, Databricks and Airflow
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with other applications
- Understanding of REST, HTTP, MQ, JSON and XML.
- Experience with software DevOps CI/CD tools, such Git, Jenkins, Linux, and Shell Script
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.