Sr. Scientist - Cell Engineering
Arcus Biosciences currently has an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Scientist to join the Quantitative Biology group. The successful candidate will be responsible for cell line engineering and generating stable cell lines to support assay development, target validation and other research needs.
The successful candidate is expected to conduct independent lab work and interact closely with other scientists within the research organization. He or she should be able to think critically about complex experiments and collaborate with other scientists to advance research projects. He or she should possess excellent molecular and cell biology skills.
- BS/MS (with extensive industry experience) or PhD (4+ years of industry experience) in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or related discipline.
- Experience with multiple cell lines, including CHO, HEK293, Jurkat, and primary immune cells
- Experience in all aspects of mammalian stable cell line generation, including construct design, transfection, selection, maintenance and expansion of cell lines, limiting dilution, and clone screening
- Experience with CRISPR mediated gene editing, including design of guide RNAs and donor sequences, optimizing cell transfection conditions, generating and genotyping single-cell clones
- Experience with isolation, characterization, and genetic manipulation of primary immune cells (T cells, NK cells) is a plus
- Experience with NGS, RNA-Seq, flow cytometry, cell sorting and related advanced cell and molecular biology technologies
- Previous management experience is a plus
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills.