We are seeking a highly motivated Embryologist to join our VelociGene team. This person will support genetically modified animal model generation via manipulation of pre-implantation stage embryos.
In this role, a typical day may include:
• Performs procedures for production of modified animal models including microinjection techniques such as ES cell injections into 8-cell stage and blastocyst stage embryos, pronuclear injections and electroporations of fertilized oocytes
• Performs procedures required for microinjection and surgical transfer of modified embryos, including setup and maintenance of laboratory scopes and associated equipment, medium and dish preparation, thawing of frozen embryos, sterilization and upkeep of surgical tools, setup and maintenance of sterile surgical areas, preparation and anesthetization of pseudopregnant females and sterile surgical technique
• Performs assisted reproductive technologies such as in vitro fertilization and cryopreservation to generate and cryopreserve study cohorts
• Record keeping, data collection and entry into database
• Develop detailed familiarity and maintain strict compliance with all current protocols
This role may be for you if you:
• Are excited to participate in embryology related research and technology development
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to maintain productive and congenial collaborations in a fast-paced environment
• Are willing to develop and contribute to improving related laboratory procedures
To be considered for this role, you must have a Bachelor's or Master's level degree and 2-4 years of embryology laboratory experience. You should possess a strong background in the practical and conceptual aspects of embryology, reproductive biology and developmental biology.
We need someone with the ability to participate in a schedule that may include some weekends, holidays and early morning or late afternoon hours.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.