Quality Control Technician II
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Description: Quality Control Technician II
Department: Quality Control
Responsible for the inspection and release of all incoming materials and final product including review of records and inspection of materials and product in compliance with specifications and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
- Inspect items for dimensional accuracy, functional operation and cosmetic standards according to drawings, quality procedures, other standards and specifications, using measuring instruments and devices as required per established AQL levels
- Perform transactions in the ERP system as required and route material for storage/distribution
- Inspect and verify the product and documentation to release final product for shipment. Identify and record product or documentation quality issues.
- Issue nonconformance reports as necessary and work with quality engineers on resolution
- Audit manufacturing line, workstations and quarantine areas to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Assist in maintenance and coordination of calibration system
- Scanning and filing records
- Travel between ZELTIQ locations as needed
- Must be available to work overtime as requested by the supervisor. This may include nights, weekends, and holidays during times critical to our business
- Identify areas for Quality Control Improvements
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- 2 plus years’ experience in quality inspection/release, preferably in an FDA regulated industry
- Electromechanical component inspection experience required
- Experience with common measurement and testing tools and equipment
- Must have a solid understanding of MS Office applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Able to read and understand Device History Records, drawings, specifications and reports.
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which ZELTIQ complies.
Language and Verbal Skills:
Individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Analytical and Reading Skills:
Ability to read, understand and abide by company procedures. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and report on findings.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; up to 10 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to lift and carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 30 pounds. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Most work is performed in an office-like setting. The noise level in the environment is usually low to moderate.
ZELTIQ is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.