University Relations Coordinator (Contractor)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
You’re passionate about delivering operational excellence and have the drive to deliver results. At your core you are disciplined to deliver efficiency and the ultimate candidate and customer experience. You can implement bold ideas with a positive attitude. As a University Relations Coordinator, you will be supporting the University Relations team with the recruitment process, including coordinating intern program logistics, campus recruitment and event logistics, scheduling interviews, managing candidate travel, maintaining applicant tracking system and candidate workflow processes, and continuously growing and developing.
This role is intended to be a 12-month Contractor position and can be a remote position.
- Register for career fairs, info sessions, networking events and other University Relations engagements. Create calendar invitations and communications to business stakeholders.
- Assist with intern programming events and logistics.
- Utilize technology platforms such as Handshake and Yello to post jobs and promote events.
- Assist with managing campus inventory and shipments.
- Support management of shared inbox and respond to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Schedule interviews for interns and early career candidates, coordinating travel and arranging debrief sessions.
- Provide high touch customer service to candidates and hiring managers, ensuring a positive candidate and hiring manager experience.
- Process onboarding and pre-employment screens through completion, inclusive of background and drug screens.
- Offboard interns at the conclusion of program.
- Update ATS (Taleo) candidate statuses as necessary.
- Support other University Relations efforts as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Previous experience in staffing coordination or an HR environment preferred. Ideal candidate will have University Relations experience.
- Experience using recruiting systems such as Taleo, Avature, Yello, Handshake, Brazen, is preferred.
- Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills and the ability to interact with customers and team members at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail, prioritization skills and follow-up.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.