Director, Innovation Aesthetics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Title: Director, Enterprise Innovation
Function Overview: The Enterprise Innovation group works side-by-side with the AbbVie executive team on many of the most pressing issues facing the organization, both in the short term and long term. Guidance from this team will have a direct impact on the future success of AbbVie.
Describe the primary goals, objectives or functions or outputs of this position.
Purpose: As a Director of Enterprise Innovation, you will play a leadership role in partnering with other leaders across AbbVie to optimize the value of our portfolio of current and future assets. The Director of Innovation is responsible for supporting a variety of R&D projects including strategic partnership for clinical development of high priority assets and support for major initiatives focused on new capabilities. Working with Enterprise Innovation you will gain high profile, high impact development experiences across the company.
The position requires strong analytical skills, the ability to translate strategic vision into tactical action, synthesize complex issues into actionable solutions, identify the highest impact ideas and plans and focus efforts in a cross-functional team and communicate recommendations effectively to senior executives.
- Responsible for partnering with executive level stakeholders, acting as a strategic and operational advisor on key business decisions that impact the current and future state of AbbVie
- Foster end-to-end innovation on enterprise-critical assets through collaboration with the program-leading Asset Strategy Teams (AST) and the content-focused Deliverable Teams – topics ranging from evidence package, trial design, clinical acceleration, commercial presentation to launch preparation
- Lead internal projects or individual modules within complex, cross-functional initiatives, including driving the problem-solving process and supporting research and analytics, and distilling pragmatic recommendations for management consideration
- Serve as a subject area expert across the organization, bringing projects, concepts, and strategic direction together to ensure optimal outcomes and outputs across functional areas
- Monitor, understand, and prioritize external trends of relevance to the enterprise, and help determine how AbbVie should prepare and/or respond
- Help communicate our strategy across AbbVie
- Bachelors or equivalent degree required. Advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, MD, MBA) highly preferred.
- Minimum years of experience - 8+ with Bachelors, 6+ with Masters and 4+ with PHD
- Experience managing large projects within a complex matrixed organization as a consultant to a pharmaceutical organization, either as an external consultant or an internal cross-functional lead
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Capability building / Change management skills – leverage empathy and coaching with functional stakeholder to achieve organizational buy-in and long-lasting changes
- Highly collaborative, genuinely enjoys working hand-in-hand with the businesses to develop solutions that advance AbbVie’s overall mission
- Strong communication skills, can comfortably lead meetings with senior-level management
- Sound business judgment
- Drive, energy, and passion to advance AbbVie’s mission
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.