Scientist I - Muscle Biology
Pliant Therapeutics is a public, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar to meet the unmet medical needs of physicians, patients and families impacted by fibrotic disease. The Company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The Company’s lead product candidate, PLN-74809, is an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of the αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. PLN-74809 has received Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in both idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC), and are currently in Phase 2a clinical trials for these indications. Pliant’s second product candidate, PLN-1474, is an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of the αvβ1 integrin, in development as a potential treatment forlate-stage liver fibrosis under a partnership with Novartis. The Company also has discovery and development programs in oncology and muscular dystrophies. The Company is seeking passionate, creative, and dedicated individuals to join our team and contribute to our mission.
In this newly created, high impact role, you will work in the Biology group to build and advance Pliant’s DMD program in pursuit of medicines for patients with muscle diseases. This position reports to a principal scientist.
- Plan and execute experiments and make detailed observations, record, and analyze data. Use expertise in muscle biology to advance Pliant’s DMD program.
- Work with external CROs and KOLs to advance understanding of disease biology, including 3D physiology models, signal transduction.
- Advance drug discovery programs by interacting with other biologists, chemists, and external collaborators.
- May have the opportunity to manage one or more Research Associates.
- PhD, with 0-2 years industry experience in muscle biology.
- Experience with assessing muscle biology through in-vitro muscle assays and in vivo muscle physiology models.
- Strong evidence of conceptual thinking, active follow-through, and vigorous scientific curiosity.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work well with others in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment.
To understand how Pliant complies with and manages your personal information with respect to the California Consumer Privacy Act, please visit https://pliantrx.com/ccpa-applicant-and-staff-privacy-notice/.