Senior Manager, Corporate Affairs - Tezepelumab (Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together-researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Corporate Affairs Senior Manager - Tezepelumab
The person in this role will have the option to work remotely, and will not be required to relocate to Thousand Oaks, CA.
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will be focused on improving the lives of patients with chronic diseases. Inflammation is one of our key focus areas, and we currently have a portfolio of products and exciting investigational molecules, including tezepelumab. The role will develop and deliver communications for the tezepelumab launch and future indications. This role reports to the tezepelumab Corporate Affairs lead.
- Support and execute the tezepelumab Corporate Affairs strategy ahead of approval for the treatment of severe asthma and future indications.
- Works in partnership with cross-functional business and Corporate Affairs partners to deliver high-impact, integrated communications plan that communicates, engages and amplifies messages and activities across channels and platforms to key stakeholders.
- Partners with global and priority markets to ensure coordination and preparedness to maximize communication opportunities and milestones in a dynamic and fast-moving business environment.
- Support issues preparedness and crisis management to protect brand and company reputation.
- Collaborate with partner to deliver strategic, aligned and consistent communications.
- Work closely with Legal, Regulatory and Medical on the review and approval of multiple materials/assets through e-Approve and MAC.
- Effectively lead and deploy agency support through clear objectives, KPIs, continued drive for excellence and innovation in support of the Inflammation franchise.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is an excellent communicator with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Communications experience
Master's degree and 4 years of Communications experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Communications experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Communications experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Communications experience
- Eight to ten years in a corporate and/or consultant communications environment.
- Experience and demonstrated skills in developing, managing and delivering communications strategies and plans in a sophisticated organization.
- Strong, senior-level knowledge of the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry or health care is required.
- Ability to operate effectively on large cross-functional teams, as well as lead by influence and collaborate.
- Strong experience in social and digital media, media relations and issues management.
- Excellent written, spoken, and interpersonal communication skills, with attention to detail.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, to adapt to change and move projects forward quickly.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and planning skills.
- Collaboratively works well with a diverse group of people
- Self-starter with demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit, enthusiasm, and creativity.
- Ability to combine strategic thinking with hands on delivery.
- Experience in creating and translating scientific / technical content for a broad range of audiences.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.