Competitive Intelligence, Director
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together-researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world! In this vital role, you will lead the CI team within the Commercial Data & Analytics (CD&A) organization, a vital part of Global Commercial Capabilities at Amgen.
The Competitive Intelligence (CI) team is a strategic thought partner to our cross-functional leadership on high-level business and competitive intelligence issues that influence Amgen's strategic decisions today and in the future. The team is responsible for ensuring CI research, analysis, and assessments are appropriately factored into business decisions and strategies and help guide optimal business positioning for all therapeutic areas (TAs) across the portfolio and lifecycle. The team will provide unbiased, objective, and expert strategic CI insights, tailormade for the broader cross-functional teams.
You will be responsible for strengthening Amgen's CI capabilities and guiding senior leadership on relevant issues as a trusted advisor by staying abreast of the external perspectives and evolving dynamics. Additionally, you will play an active role in the recruitment and development of the CD&A team.
- Establish and refine capabilities to enable Amgen to be agile and competitive with an acute awareness of the external landscape
- Represent CI as a strategic thought partner to cross-functional leadership
- Ensure fit-for-purpose, high quality and high impact delivery of CI insights and recommendations that drive strategic decisions across the portfolio
- Expand competitive intelligence capabilities at the regional and country level
- Lead and develop a team of CI managers, as well as ensuring:
- Appropriate allocations of CI team resources in a timely manner to meet business needs
- Consistent representation of CI deliverables across all TAs with key partners
- Robust and reliable CI methodology is applied to collect, analyze, and reported with relevant implications to Amgen
- Congress planning, workshops, and scenario planning activities are conducted in a timely and targeted manner
- Oversee and guide vendor negotiations to drive value-based partnerships; evaluate whether appropriate CI vendor standards are met
- Collaborate with Forecasting, Commercial Insights, and Business Development to drive strategic recommendations
- Stay abreast of the evolving external perspectives
- Abide by and strictly enforce Amgen's CI Legal and Ethical Guidelines with internal partners and agencies
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek meets the following qualifications:
- Doctorate degree and 4 years of CI experience
- Master's degree and 7 years of CI experience
- Bachelor's degree and 9 years of CI experience
- Advanced scientific degree (PhD, PharmD, or equivalent)
- 2+ years of biopharmaceutical experience in a CI capacity
- Strong client service orientation (consulting background)
- Exceptionally structured problem-solver and strategically agile
- Demonstrate ability to synthesize, analyze, and communicate complex information succinctly to senior leadership
- Extensive experience with quantitative and qualitative CI research techniques and projects
- Track record of applying competitive intelligence to make, guide, and inform strategic business decisions
- Strong ability to influence cross-functionally and manage a full workload
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse teams
- Ability to research and analyze knowledge in new therapeutic areas with short turnaround time
- Excellent presentation skills, with strong and effective written and verbal communication
- Prior experience in successful team building and talent development
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.