Sr. QC Associate (Method Transfer)
Vaxart is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing a range of oral recombinant vaccines based on its proprietary delivery platform. Vaxart vaccines are administered using convenient room temperature-stable tablets that can be stored and shipped without refrigeration and eliminate the risk of needle-stick injury.
Vaxart has demonstrated that its proprietary tablet vaccine delivery platform is suitable to deliver recombinant vaccines, positioning the company to develop oral versions of currently marketed vaccines and to design recombinant vaccines for new indications. Its development programs currently include tablet vaccines designed to protect against coronavirus, norovirus, seasonal influenza and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), as well as a therapeutic vaccine for human papillomavirus (HPV), Vaxart’s first immuno-oncology indication.
Our mission is the promotion of global health through the development of effective vaccines that can be administered by tablet rather than by injection, providing for the simple and efficient distribution and administration of safe vaccines in any setting.
We are looking for a Sr. QC Associate to join our growing South San Francisco team!
* Please note that we cannot sponsor Visas at this time.
This position is primary responsible for QC in-process, stability, release testing, qualifying and validating assays, author/review of assay qualification protocols, SOPs, and other controlled documents.
- Support assay transfer and method validation of by executing cross-site validation protocols and providing data to support final reports.
- Track QC Assay data and instrument performance trending on a timely manner.
- Assist in the implementation of new assay methodologies and the associated instrumentation.
- Maintain instrumentation and supporting documentation in a GMP compliant manner.
- Write, review and revise Method Transfer Protocols and Method Transfer Reports.
- Participate in cross-functional assay training.
- Author test methods and SOP.
- Ensure quality standards are always met or exceeded.
- Communicate Method Transfer Timelines to QC Manager(s).
- Provide or Organize Training Support for QC Analyst.
- Review and Approve Discrepancies (transfer related).
- BS in a scientific discipline with 3+ years of regulated industrial analytical testing or QC experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Sound understanding and knowledge of cell-based potency assays as performed in a commercial GMP QC laboratory.
- Experience with SoftMax and Gen5 data analysis software is a plus.
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work from multiple projects.
- Strong analytical and communication skills as well as sound judgment, with the ability to work effectively with others.
- Computer proficiency as well as strong scientific and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain flexible intellect and adjust to a dynamic work environment.
- Experience working in a regulated (GxP) environment and able to participate in Quality Systems.
- Demonstrated success working in a high-performing, business results-driven environment.
Vaxart offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a bonus program, stock options, 401K with employer matching, tuition assistance, and work life balance.
Vaxart is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. Vaxart does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.