Tax Transfer Pricing, Senior Analyst
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Senior Tax Analyst, Transfer Pricing is responsible for providing primary support and analysis in the global transfer pricing function in the AbbVie Corporate Tax department. The position is heavily involved in the financial accounting, modeling, compliance, documentation, and overall management of AbbVie’s transfer pricing policies and processes. The Senior Tax Analyst, Transfer Pricing will report to the Director, Transfer Pricing.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare legal entity profitability analysis to ensure transfer pricing policies are conducted in an arm’s length manner while actively supporting and optimizing AbbVie’s global tax strategies.
- Support the preparation of contemporaneous documentation to satisfy local transfer pricing rules, including information and data gathering, status calls with service providers and review of draft reports.
- Maintain appropriate supporting documents for transfer pricing calculations in accordance with tax rules and ensuring that a full audit trail is available in the event of an audit.
- Collaborate with team members on enhancing processes for transfer pricing projects.
- Support the tax department on execution of business integration projects related to transfer pricing.
- Research transfer pricing issues and monitor evolving transfer pricing case law and legislation and evaluate impact to company.
- Assist in monitoring transfer pricing risks, including the risk of non-compliance, for new product launches or changes to AbbVie’s global supply chain.
Liaison with business unit personnel to ensure compliance with AbbVie’s global transfer pricing methodologies, processes, and responsibilities.
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting or Finance or Economics required; advanced degree a plus.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Big 4 experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in tax and working in a global tax environment, experience in transfer pricing preferred.
- Strong critical thinking skills, applying transfer pricing concepts to differing fact patterns.
- Must possess strong attention to detail and have an exceptional analytical and quantitative background.
- Very strong organizational skill set with ability to prioritize, plan, work independently, implement projects and meet quarterly reporting and other deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Third party transfer pricing software and/or Alteryx experience a plus.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.