TICRO Program Manager
Trudeau Institute is rapidly growing its research services function, and the professional laboratory team, that provides high quality in vivo translational research studies to early preclinical phase vaccine and therapeutic product development for pharmaceutical, biotech and academic partners on a global scale. The research services performed includes microbiology, virology and immunology, applied to a broad range of critical-path studies for R&D advancement. Studies involve numerous BSL2 and BSL3 pathogens of high relevance to human health and disease. Accordingly, a senior position within this function requires seamless versatility to represent this dynamic portfolio of study protocols to our partners, and breadth of experience to oversee efficient delivery of diverse study results. Using established models, our platform and team provide to our partners the ability to assess the efficacy and/or mechanism of action of their vaccines and therapeutic compounds in early phase (non-GLP) preclinical evaluation, and the growth of this team reflects this success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The candidate will work directly under the Senior Study Director and CSO of TICRO BioServices and be responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, and completing in vivo studies as well as in vitro assays. This individual will be responsible for overseeing a growing staff of technician and the day-to-day studies being performed.
- Study Oversight - The candidate will need to perform the following duties:
- Plan and implement studies in a timely manner
- Drive the project through a clear process of standard operating procedures to completion
- Analyze results and interpret study results, including statistical analysis of the raw data and provide results to the Senior Study Director and CSO for review
- Able to identify errors and mistakes and implement corrective actions to mitigate future incidents
- Generate, review and implement standard operating procedures to perform assays and techniques.
- Team Management –
- This individual must be able to work in a team environment and be able to oversee a growing pool of research technicians.
- Needs to be organized and able to schedule technicians to cover multiple projects running concurrently
- Occasionally will need to interact with clients in a professional manner.
- Willingness to develop new disease or animal models to address clients’ needs
The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of immunology and infectious disease along with a strong record of using animal models. Further, the candidate should be able to work closely with the senior management team in support of developing novel models or animals models. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have experience performing the following in vitro assays: ELISAs, Luminex, ELISpot, Flow Cytometry and ICCS; molecular biology techniques including DNA and RNA extraction, quantification techniques, real time PCR and Western blotting.
- Have experience in animal manipulation techniques to perform in vivo studies. Mouse experience is a must but knowledge in additional species is encouraged.
- Computer skills including the use of Adobe products, Prism/Graphpad, Flow Jo, and Microsoft products are required.
- Outstanding and clear communication skills both written and oral.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE/ CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in industry, or 4 years as an academic lab manager, or a Master’s degree is required.