Senior Study Director
Trudeau Institute is rapidly growing its research services function, and the professional laboratory team, that provides high quality in vivo translational research studies to early preclinical phase vaccine and therapeutic product development for pharmaceutical, biotech and academic partners on a global scale. The research services performed includes microbiology, virology and immunology, applied to a broad range of critical-path studies for R&D advancement. Studies involve numerous BSL2 and BSL3 pathogens of high relevance to human health and disease. Accordingly, a senior position within this function requires seamless versatility to represent this dynamic portfolio of study protocols to our partners, and breadth of experience to oversee efficient delivery of diverse study results. Using established models, our platform and team provide to our partners the ability to assess the efficacy and/or mechanism of action of their vaccines and therapeutic compounds in early phase (non-GLP) preclinical evaluation, and the growth of this team reflects this success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The candidate will report directly to the CSO of TICRO BioServices and be responsible for co-leading a portfolio of studies in this research service organization at all levels. This includes working closely with clients to plan studies, generate quotes, implement study timelines, oversee the study execution, data analysis and preparation of the final study report, as required for the clients. This individual will be also be responsible for overseeing the quality of work being performed in those studies, as well as the corresponding personnel, e.g. program managers and research technicians.
- Client Interaction - The candidate will perform the following duties at a sophisticated professional level:
- Cultivate and establish strong client relationships that foster trust and a desire to return for follow-up studies.
- Gain a detailed knowledge of available models and concisely communicate to the client the strengths and weakness of the models, collaborating with and equipping clients to make informed decisions to optimize the fit with their research objectives.
- Facilitate custom enhancements to protocols as technically appropriate, to achieve a high degree of client satisfaction with the tailored and highly responsive approach.
- Willingness to research and develop new disease or animal models to address the Institute’s or Clients’ needs.
- Contribute effectively and precisely in joint grant writing with collaborators, when needed.
- Team Management –
- The Senior Study Director must be a valuable contributor to team cohesiveness, working effectively in a team environment, and able to oversee and help train the growing research team.
- Bring an experienced and organized approach to team management, as necessary to be able to oversee the study directors and cover multiple projects running concurrently.
The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of immunology and infectious disease along with a strong record of using animal models. Further, the candidate should be able to work closely with the senior management team in support of continual client growth. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have experience performing the following in vitro assays: ELISAs, Luminex, ELISpot, Flow Cytometry and ICCS; molecular biology techniques including DNA and RNA extraction, quantification techniques, real time PCR and Western blotting.
- Have experience in animal manipulation techniques to perform in vivo studies. Mouse experience is a must but knowledge in additional species is encouraged.
- Computer skills including the use of Adobe products, Prism/Graphpad, Flow Jo, and Microsoft products are required.
- Outstanding and clear communication skills both written and oral.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE/ CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Education – Ph.D. in relevant biological discipline.
- 3 years’ experience in leading studies in the professional research services sector or equivalent professional responsibility