Laboratory Supervisor (3rd shift-Temporary Contract)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The QC Laboratory Supervisor I is responsible for the organization, administration, and supervision of the 3-10 Lab Analysts. The quality control laboratory supervisor is responsible for the proper complete oversight of the day-to-day operations. This is to include document handling and provides oversight for lab systems and complete documentation of laboratory reports. Responsible for: all exception reports, change requests (CR's), instrument calibration, instrument maintenance, and product records handled in the area.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of Lab Analysts to include: hiring, setting performance expectations, providing performance feedback, development of staff, and handling of personnel issues.
- Responsible for the operation and functions of the laboratory group which includes: Raw Materials, Finished Products, Projects, validation samples, MEC, and stability samples.
- Evaluation of analytical data, and based upon knowledge and experience, determines the sample disposition of materials tested.
- Identifies aspects of the tests or results warranting further attention and implement corrective actions.
- Write/update procedures for operation, calibration, and training of laboratory instruments as well as laboratory practices.
- Auditing and maintenance of all laboratory procedures. Ensure inventory of chemical laboratory reference standards and laboratory supplies.
- May schedule laboratory tests to provide support to production manufacturing activity. Assists in the periodic inspection of laboratory facilities, to assure that they are operated and administered according to GMP.
- Assists analyst with the analytical/microbial, instrumentation and maintain and inventory of the controlled substance transfers, record schedule, and schedule 4.
- Coordinate validation test with validation Department. Maintains track and trend in functional area.
- Under the direction the Section Manager (as applicable), assists all the periodic inspection of laboratory facilities, to assure that they are operated and administered according to Good Manufacturing Practices and good Laboratory Practices.
- BS in Science in Chemistry preferred
- 2-5 years of laboratory experience
- Demonstrated skills to deal effectively with members of the department and the areas serviced by the laboratory.
- Problem-solving skills are required
- Must be able to interpret the impact of laboratory data for appropriate and effective actions.
- Must be able to identify problem areas requiring development, maintenance, production, engineering, accounting, or planning with assistance from more senior staff.
- Must also be able to identify, communicate, and follow-through to completion and assist in the development of necessary corrective action plans to resolve the problem with supervision. May also assist in the activities required for the investigation and resolution..
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.