Associate Business Systems Consultant - Purchasing and Supplier Management
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Information Technology is critical to the enablement of AbbVie’s procurement and the ability to leverage suppliers to provide necessary goods and services that enable AbbVie to make a remarkable impact on patients’ lives. The Busine Analysist is responsible for complex process that bridges the gap between business problems and technology solutions. The ideal candidate will be at the intersection of business and IT, helping senior executives bring life to their strategies and individual contributors execute tactics with clear and measurable business value.
This requires alignment across the enterprise with peer functions that engage in design and delivery of solutions within procurement activities. Furthermore, the Busine Analysist is responsible to envision and outline process and technical solutions to business problems within/across procurement domains, including appropriate design tradeoffs, gap and cost/benefit analysis engaging with varied levels and profile of stakeholders over the short and long-term of the long-range plan.
- Knowledge of Indirect Procurement, Information Technology, and general corporate business operations.
- Define and adopt technology architecture roadmap for digital transformation or strategical application investment initiatives to launch next generation source to pay process at AbbVie using range of technologies including but not limited to Ariba, SAP S/4 and other purchasing SaaS solutions.
- Good understanding of procurement process best practices and procurement process steps such as bids, RFQs, RFPs, RFIs, reverse auctions.
- Good understanding of purchase agreements, MSAs, SOWs, and similar agreements
- Conducts training. Identify process disconnects and translate them into improvement opportunities with cost savings or avoidance, productivity improvements, or revenue generating business benefits.
- Ability to build strong internal relationships with key stakeholders across multiple business units.
- Ability to be creative and innovative in identifying potential areas that would benefit from procurement initiatives.
- Collaborate with Purchasing, Supplier Relationship, Vendor Management, external consultants, and other finance and corporate personnel to identify new opportunities for negotiated cost savings and measure business impact.
- Assist with coordinating activities across delivery teams and business areas to effectively interact with internal stakeholders during assessment initiatives and ongoing projects.
- Gather key sourcing, contracts and purchasing information as identified during a procurement assessment.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives of assignment. Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial, and process aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made. Also accountable for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- Maintain knowledge of current procurement trends, vendor capabilities and changes within the procurement landscape for traditional and emerging solutions.
- Help identify areas of possible cost reductions across the business areas that could reduce costs by consolidating vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years’ experience; Master’s Degree with 5 years’ experience; Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Broad knowledge of SAP (PTP) and Ariba (Indirect procurement), with strong understanding of the relationship between business processes, applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly explain options and alternatives, and rationale for associated recommendations.
- Flexibility in designing systems - including leveraging new or emerging technologies
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.