AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Summary: Under minimal supervision, provides administrative duties and support for one Sales VP of the Company.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
- Provides administrative and clerical support to the department of assignment.
- Screens incoming calls and correspondence; responds to general questions from internal and external customers independently when appropriate regarding area of responsibility.
- Maintains confidential and sensitive information including personnel files.
- Manages calendar, independently schedules appointments, and generates department calendar to relevant individuals.
- Arranges travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel related meetings; assists with preparation of expense reports in accordance with company requirements and procedures.
- Composes and edits letters, memoranda, reports and presentations; generates and revises correspondence and handles processing of a variety of reports and paperwork
- Arranges programs, events or conferences by arranging facilities, caterer, multimedia systems, issuing information and invitations, coordinating speakers, and controlling event budget.
- Ensures compliance with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
This position is part time (3 days/week) and includes benefits.
- High School Degree or GED required; associate's degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of administrative support experience, preferably in pharmaceutical industry environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Completing work with minimal direction and without established procedures
- Highly Proficient in Excel
- Strong Time Management Skills
- High degree of professionalism with external and internal contacts.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.