Administrative Assistant III
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Responsibilities include all administrative functions in support of the assigned department(s): calendar management, scheduling travel including international travel, processing expense reports, planning and coordinating global meetings and team events, creating or modifying business documents, preparing presentations from source materials, and maintaining department organization charts. Will include:
- Onboarding of FTE and contractors, including office set-up.
- Coordinates and maintains departmental information as assigned, and handles confidential or business-sensitive information in compliance with corporate and government regulations.
- Orders office supplies, and business cards. Follows purchasing and requisition procedures, Corporate Security and Privacy Rules, Corporate Branding Guidelines, and Copy Center procedures (if applicable). \
- Uses basic to intermediate software skills to perform work assigned.
- Uses and understands Microsoft Office Suite and other business-specific software, including the Corporate Travel Web site, and employee performance management systems (as applicable).
- May train/coordinate work for new or contractor administrative assistants.
- May assist with creating Purchase Orders, updating subscriptions, and ordering office equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- 1+ years previous admin experience or equivalent.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office including Teams, Adobe Acrobat, Visio or OrgPlus, and Outlook and understanding of business processes and requirements.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Ability to interface and interact with staff at all levels across multiple functions.
- Learns, fast, deals comfortable with ambiguity, and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Simplifies how work gets done, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.