Director of Business Development
At Vincerx, we’re focused on addressing the unmet medical needs of patients with paradigm-shifting therapeutics. We aspire to conquer cancer with innovative therapies—translating promising scientific breakthroughs into meaningful therapies for cancer patients.
Vincerx Pharma is a public, clinical stage cancer drug R&D company with a focus on developing novel cancer therapies that matter. The management team has a track record of rapidly developing best-in-class drugs for cancer patients in need. Our lead program is a highly selective CDK9 inhibitor with a best-in-class opportunity and has demonstrated promising efficacy in Phase 1. We also have a highly innovative bioconjugation platform technology to discover and develop next generation small molecule & antibody-drug conjugates with the flexibility to address both solid and hematologic cancers.
OBJECTIVE / PURPOSE:
Are you excited about the mission to create cutting edge drug development partnerships that generate successful outcomes to address the unmet medical needs of cancer patients? If you strive to leverage your background in drug development, biology, IP, business analytics and industry networks to deliver on goal, we would like to hear from you.
In this position, you will take a leadership role where your creativity, persistence, enthusiasm, excellent project management and communication skills will be needed to marshal resources across functional areas inside and outside Vincerx Pharma. This is a high-profile role, both within the company and as Vincerx’s external representative, to lay a foundation for delivering on company goals and enabling future therapies for patients.
PRINCIPLE ROLES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with the Chief Business Officer and other functional leaders to define, design, and implement Vincerx’s overall business development strategy.
- Construct mission critical requirements in collaboration with key stakeholders to drive the business development process from identifying potential partners and assets or projects, conducting diligence to term-sheets, and negotiating a win-win close of strategic transactions.
- Own and execute search and evaluation, due diligence of IP, probability of technical and regulatory success, development strategy, licensing negotiations and alliance management.
- Integrate input from various functional areas across the organization to create high quality, clear and concise diligence reports and presentations with recommendations to the Executive Management team.
- Continually monitor and evaluate industry trends and integrate learnings into corporate strategy in support of key corporate goals across the company.
- Once safe to do so, this position will require occasional travel.
- 7+ years of direct experience in drug development, experience in oncology preferred.
- Strong scientific, clinical and commercial acumen and knowledge of decision-making in drug development stage progression from discovery to market success. Experience in biologics and, or bioconjugates is preferred.
- Strong ability to effectively influence diverse stakeholders in drug development without authority.
- Ability to build and manage collaborative relationships at all levels inside and outside the organization to support decision making.
- Able to create a business framework to drive a partnership from inception to deal close and deliver on the promise of that deal.
- Ability to conceptualize, verbalize, document, and present ideas to drive the requirements above.
- Exemplary skills in leadership, communication, and relationship management while maintaining extremely high quality and efficiency standards.
- A deal-sheet summarizing your role in past deals will be needed for consideration.
- Advanced or graduate degree in the life sciences is preferred. This role requires a working knowledge of oncology drug development and the ability to integrate scientific and clinical knowledge in the business assessment of opportunities.
- Deep understanding of pharmaceutical development and the commercialization process, as well as competitive dynamics in the industry.
- Experience with financial analysis, forecasting, market segmentation, and competitive profiling.
- Established relationships within the pharmaceutical and biotech marketplace to efficiently source deals.
- Competitive compensation and stock options.
- 100% employee and dependent premiums paid for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- 10 company-wide holidays with two floating holidays per year.
- Flexible vacation policy with up to 4 weeks per year of paid time-off.
- Company paid group life and disability insurance.
At Vincerx, we are passionate about our work family. We’ve pledged to create an open, aware, and accepting workplace and, by extension, a responsive, innovative, and successful company. Vincerx is an organization dedicated to delivering training and other resources to help employees, at all levels, feel a sense of belonging and support and achieve their full potential.
We are determined to address biases and inequities that may exist in our industry. We believe our focus on diversity and inclusion will enable us to further strengthen our unique and collaborative culture, continue to enhance employee engagement and satisfaction, and drive innovation and improved performance. Our diversity is our strength and sets us apart from many organizations.
We lead with respect, humanity, integrity, and inclusion.