Senior Scientist, Biology
Erasca is a San Diego based biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing precision medicines for the benefit of patients with cancer. We are advancing multiple programs targeting biological drivers of cancer and are pursuing additional pipeline expansion opportunities through academic and biopharmaceutical collaborations. Our programs, currently focused on innovative discovery research, take novel approaches to shutting down certain oncogene drivers of solid tumor malignancies. The name “Erasca” has an important embedded meaning: it is a contraction of our audacious hope to “erase cancer” that drives our mission and everything that we do on behalf of patients with cancer.
ERASCA’s biology team is seeking a highly motivated scientist to join multidisciplinary and fast paced team. This position will be responsible for executing independent technical and laboratory activities that support the biology activities. The key member will contribute to advancing early discovery and translational programs by studying cancer biology, cell signaling, compounds screening, and the mechanism of action of compounds. The key member will support the in vitro biology activities and work closely with in vivo team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Independently design, plan, execute and interpret experiments.
- In collaboration with cross-functional team, design new experiment, develop cell-based assays, perform in vitro cell-based assays.
- Apply scientific expertise in cancer biology to advance drug discovery programs.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams, providing specialized knowledge and influence to maximize program speed and success.
- Contribute expertise in molecular and cellular biology to early drug discovery programs.
- Provide ideas and perform research to identify new opportunities to develop and progress novel therapeutic programs.
- Effectively communicate strategy, methodology, progress, and challenges to multiple stakeholders and partners.
- Participate in collaboration with external academic and industry partners to advance programs and develop new ones.
Perform all duties in keeping with the Company’s core values, policies and all applicable regulations.
Required Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. in molecular, cellular or cancer biology or related field.
- At least 2+ years of post-Ph.D. experience in cancer biology. Industry experience highly desired.
- Demonstrated productivity working as part of cross-functional team.
- Proven track record of successful scientific accomplishments, presentations and/or peer reviewed publications.
- Proficiency in tissue culture, DNA- and RNA-based techniques.
- Ability to develop and perform cell-based assays.
- Proficiency in developing and performing reporter-based assays
- Ability to perform in vitro signaling studies and compound screening.
- Experience in generating stable cell lines and resistance cell generation.
- Experience in cell-based drug combination studies.
- Outstanding communication and ability to both influence and motivate others.