Research Associate II/III
Manager: Scientist II
Location: Richmond, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
JOB SUMMARY: We are seeking a talented research associate to fill an open position in our Vector Core Production Group to aid in the research and clinical development of this powerful technology. The position will be responsible for downstream testing and analysis of viral vectors. These assays would include titration of virus vectors using qPCR and ddPCR technologies, potency assays, capsid analysis, and genome integrity assays and sequencing. In addition, the maintenance of viral inventories and databases is required. The position requires adaptability, excellent planning and communication skills as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment.
- Titration of viral vectors using both qPCR and ddPCR technologies
- Perform SDS-page analysis of capsid proteins
- Perform potency assays to determine effectiveness of viral vectors
- Extraction of viral genomic DNA and NGS sequencing and analysis
- Follow SOP and complete testing records
- Clear written reports for all completed assays
- Database entry and maintenance in Excel and Access
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. or higher in molecular biology, virology, biochemistry, process engineering or related field
- 2+ years of experience in an academic research laboratory or biotechnology company.
- Hands on expertise in the following techniques: qPCR, SDS-PAGE, ELISAs, DNA extraction, DNA cloning and NGS sequencing
- Ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment with moderate supervision
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Microsoft Suite including Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint
- Some weekend work and evening work may be required
- Experience with ddPCR, Geneious, SoftMax Pro
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture, viral production and purification
- Ability to write, review and follow SOPs
- Familiarity with QA/QC procedures
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.