Specialty Logistics and Global Trade Compliance Specialist (CONTRACT)
Manager: Director, Global Logistics
Department: Technical Operations/Supply Chain
Location: Brisbane, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Temporary Specialty Logistics and Global Trade Compliance Specialist position is responsible for the effective administration of the Global Trade Compliance for the Brisbane GMP Manufacturing and specialty logistics business. Contribute to the development tactical deployment of processes and procedures to support globally compliant operations. The frontline resource will provide internal trade compliance expertise and interface with internal stake holders, brokers, freight forwarders and Government Officials.
- Ensure set up and monitoring of all exports and imports related to Brisbane Manufacturing Operations.
- Ensuring all proposed transactions are screened for Denied Person and Entities, restricted end-uses, and anti-diversion constraints.
- File and/or audit export declarations and apply for export licenses, as necessary.
- The candidate should be able to perform transaction audits on exports and imports; resolve discrepancies, request appropriate corrections, reconcile, or protest as appropriate.
- Ensure that the business has written, up-to-date work procedures to ensure compliance with US and foreign import and export regulations and corporate guidance.
- Develop metrics and manage KPI’s associated with export and import activity.
- Review all export and import classification and origin information is maintained and updated as needed.
- The candidate should be prepared to interact effectively with multiple functional areas including management, supply chain, and functional departments as required
- Participate in, develop, and conduct training activities for individuals and groups pertaining to import and export regulations.
- Maintain required import and export documentation according to local laws as well as corporate policy.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other applicable field (International emphasis a plus) or HS diploma + 5 years working in a Trade Compliance or Import/Export function Other Required
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret government regulations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other departments
- Experience conducting Restricted Party Screens (RPS)
- Experience with ECCN determination, HTS classification, rules of origin, and customs valuation preferred
- Experience with Cold Chain Logistics and Transportation
- Mandatory experience in logistics or freight forwarding
- Highly desirable experience importing or exporting pharmaceuticals or medical equipment
- Highly desirable to have a Customs Brokers License
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.