Senior Manager, Facilities
Manager: Associate Director, Facilities
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our team. Let’s build a better future together.
This customer-facing position assists with the management of Sangamo’s Facilities operations at Sangamo’s Richmond site. The ideal candidate will implement best practices to streamline operations within the facility department, as well as assisting with ongoing facility activities and supervising facility vendors and technicians. Requires a person with strong customer-service instincts; outgoing, friendly, and collaborative. This position involves interacting and partnering with leadership and group leaders at the site and, due to the importance and frequency of these interactions, it is essential that the successful candidate possesses highly developed interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. This is a temporary position.
- Ensures effective communication between business stakeholders, scientific staff, Facilities Operations, maintenance, outside site services, securities, IT, Procurement, Finance, Legal, HR, and all departments in regard to facilities operations issues
- Manage contract vendors for Facilities Services group
- Assists with overseeing and managing third-party service providers to ensure compliance and completion of required job tasks
- Interacts with suppliers/consultants and/or vendors on facilities and property matters
- Oversee/manage projects and initiatives to improve Facilities operations and service delivery
- Responsible for the Richmond Facilities Work Order System. Ensures resources allocated appropriately and Work Orders are completed in a timely manner
- May oversee the day-to-day activities of Richmond Facilities staff (employees and contingent workforce)
- Assists with landlords and/or property management, to ensure correct building maintenance and compliance with the agreements
- Complies with company policy for procurement of facilities services and goods
- Assists with compliance for local, state and federal regulations (Cal-EPA, Cal-OSHA, BAAQMD, County Health, local Fire)
- Develops metrics and KPIs for facility data including but not limited to work orders and security systems. Reports on KPIs and metrics on a regular basis
- Ensures that a high quality of housekeeping is maintained
- Manage the site’s access control, intrusion, and surveillance systems
- Manages or assists with other activities as delegated by the Associate Director of Facilities
- Leads set-up activities for company events and presentations. Interfaces to with event and presentation stakeholders (IT, HR, Corp Comm, etc.) to ensure events and presentations are successfully executed.
- Oversee security and equipment monitoring & resolution
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 8+ years of biotechnology industry and\or other facilities management experience. 3+ years of supervisory experience preferred
- Must have the ability to maintain professionalism at all times under stressful situations
- Must be able to work on highly complex problems in a variety of situations where analysis is required. Solve problems using considerable and rational judgement, leading to routine and specific recommendations
- Experience managing security systems and work order programs
- Experience managing space planning projects
- Experience managing projects (construction and remodeling of labs and offices, equipment installations, and system implementations)
- Excellent presentation skills
- PowerPoint, MS Office, Visio/CAD desirable
- OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the role, including but not limited to: prolonged standing; ability to lift, move, and pull 25 pounds; kneeling; etc.…
- Ability to mentally and physically react effectively, quickly, calmly and rationally in case of an emergency.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus but not required.
- Ability to respond to off-hour facilities issues & emergencies
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.