Manager, Systems Administration, Nonclinical Operations
Manager: Associate Director, Nonclinical Operations
Department: Nonclinical Development
Location: Richmond, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
We are actively seeking a seeking a Manager in Nonclinical Operations whose primary function will be to lead efforts to create new animal colonies and administrate existing animals colonies used in evaluating drug safety and efficacy of new therapies. This individual will have a practical knowledge in the biological sciences to understand the research methods as well as an in-depth understanding of operations and program management to meet study objectives and financial objectives. This position supports the company’s research and development efforts to bring genomic medicines to patients.
- Collaborate with Research Scientists and Principal Investigators and coordinate efforts to outsource animal models that support project development and pharmacology objectives.
- Manage licensing from vendors/institutions and partner with finance and legal departments to execute contracts.
Manage progress and logistics with vendor/institution supply (creation, breeding, and phenotyping, shipping to Testing Facilities) to meet study timelines and objectives.
- Manage all financial aspects including statements of work, invoices and purchase orders. Work with finance management and project management to communicate planned budgets and budget challenges.
- Participate on project teams to ensure successful execution of plans and communicate regular project specific updates to project team members.
- Ensure vendor/institution compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Maintain detailed records and adhere to good documentation practices; departmental procedures and safety requirements.
- Collaborate with Nonclinical Operations to administrate processes towards improving quality for the execution of nonclinical studies.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Occasional travel may be required (<10%).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a scientific discipline or related field
- 5+ years biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or CRO experience
- Familiarity with nonclinical research. Background in genetics a plus.
- Superior time management, planning, and organizational skills. Knowledge and experience in Project Management a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required; establishing consistent, effective two-way communication with department managers and supervisors regarding project needs and deadlines and following up in a timely manner to ensure project success.
- Ability to work within an environment with quickly changing processes, priorities, and deadlines.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoints, MS Project, Smartsheet software.
- Positive attitude and professional manner in all interactions; demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer.
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.