Temporary GMP Facilities Instrumentation Technician
Manager: Manager, Instrument Services
Department: GMP Facilities
Location: Brisbane, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our team. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking an energetic, motivated, self-starter to join our GMP Facilities team as a Temporary Instrumentation Technician. The Temporary GMP Facilities Instrumentation Technician is responsible for performing and managing GxP calibration activities for the site’s QC laboratories, GxP processing equipment, and utilities systems. This is a key support role in the GMP Facilities department with additional mechanical and troubleshooting responsibilities in the areas of HVAC, process gases, electrical, or other utilities.
- Maintains, repairs, and calibrates GxP laboratory instrumentation and equipment in the CMMS, such as incubators, centrifuges, spectrophotometers, HPLCs, plate readers, thermo cyclers, endotoxin, TOC, PCR, osmolality, and other analyzers.
- Maintains, repairs, and calibrates GxP process instrumentation and equipment in the CMMS, such as cell culture analyzers, humidity, temperature, CO2, differential pressure, and other process monitoring devices.
- Safe, accurate, and timely completion of GxP tasks on their assigned shift in support of plant operations
- Assists in the start-up and validation of systems
- Supports the creation or modification of technical documents as required or directed
- Continually looks for improvement opportunities (i.e. has operational excellence mindset) in and out of their area
- Ability to communicate and interact with Manufacturing, Quality, Technology, Engineering, and other departments to ensure satisfactory performance of instruments and systems.
- Acts as a liaison with vendors and contractors as needed. Recommends alternative products or services to accomplish goals.
- Writes reports, memos, operating procedures, and correspondence as required or directed.
- Responds effectively to emergencies and support after-hours as needed.
- Complies with all applicable regulations including FDA cGMPs, 21 CFR Part 11 and OSHA for the operation and maintenance of utilities and equipment and safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) and one of the following:
- Completion of an Instrumentation or Industrial Electronics (2-year) curriculum at a technical school or equivalent military training within instrumentation, electronics, or controls
- A.S. or B.S. Degree in engineering or related science
- 1+ year GxP experience in QC laboratory analytics or instrumentation
- Ability to read and interpret P&IDs, engineering documents and schematics.
- Computer skills desired include Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Google Chrome, and ability/aptitude to gain a working knowledge of future systems that include a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Profibus software, SCADA, BMS/BAS, and PI among others
- Thorough knowledge of ISA standards and practices for instrumentation.
- Intermediate knowledge of industrial process instrumentation and systems maintenance.
- Working knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) standards
- Must be electro-mechanical inclined with good math skills
- Must be able to maintain accurate GxP records
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to distinguish colors
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.