Quality Control Technician VI - Chemistry
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Quality Control Technician VI in Chemistry is responsible for supporting the manufacturing process of Rx and OTC pharmaceutical products in Waco. Knowledge of GMP’s, Technical writing skills, electronic data capture and analysis software, and ad hoc investigational and validation related testing.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Provides technical assistance to the Chemistry Laboratory staff for the execution of Validation Protocols covering laboratory operations and manufacturing support in relation to raw materials, in process, and finished products.
- Conducts investigations on out of specification test results.
- Organizes and may perform testing of raw materials (including USP water), bulk samples, and finished product to assure the chemical quality of the product.
- Evaluates stability of raw materials, bulk samples, and finished product per established protocols.
- Interfaces with QA counterparts to optimize laboratory support of QA and production activities.
- Works effectively with chemists to complete special sample analyses as required.
- Preforms other duties as assigned and assists on special projects as required.
- Data integrity and analysis expertise.
- Ability to perform testing on any analyte submitted to the laboratory.
- Ability to utilize all current laboratory instrumentation including HPLC, UPLC, and GC instrumentation with varying detectors and analysis procedures.
- Learning agility to implement utilization of new instrumentation or analytical methodology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Chemical or related science.
- Ten (10) years of experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing chemistry lab or similar laboratory experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience with LIMS, Trackwise, and Empower preferred.
- Experience working in a GMP regulated environment preferred.Experience working in an aseptic environment preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Strong learning agility for new tasks and non-standard analysis.
- Strong math skills, including the comprehension of metric weights and measures, performing complex calculations, and spreadsheet management.
- Ability to perform detailed tasks and document activities accurately.
- Specific vision requirements include 20/20 near vision (can be corrected with eyeglasses or contacts).
- Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of data collection and analysis software including but not limited to Empower.
- Intermediate user knowledge and understanding of Windows based computer systems such as Microsoft Office, with an ability to learn other computer-based systems. Experience with SAP preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide direction for functional area.
- Physically able to continuously stand and walk.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs. for men and 35 lbs. for women.
- Physically able to bend, climb, lift, squat, stoop, and stretch to reach frequently.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.