Senior Software Project Manager
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionate people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of "DNA-write". We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our Next-Hour DNA Synthesis platforms not only have the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
DNA Script is actively searching for a Senior-Level Robotics and Automated Systems Architect to lead and manage the development and improvement of our DNA synthesis instrument control software. This individual will be responsible for interfacing with and managing external and internal software development resources, reviewing and improving the instrument control software architecture, and leading efforts to improve and extend the capabilities of this software in current and future products. This individual will work closely with systems engineering to enable clear definition and organization of software requirements, design specifications and test cases, enabling performant and robust system operation.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impact across biological sciences.
The position will be US based, in the South San Francisco, California office.
- Management of Software Development cycles across internal and external teams, and detailed synchronization of internal and external resources and projects.
- Facilitation of the integration of internal and external teams into a shared scrum team.
- Serve as scrum master, grooming the backlog, setting the scope for each sprint, ensuring priority items are dealt with first, and on time release of new features and builds.
- Prioritization of the team's development time to create an effective balance between prototyping/experimentation and product related tasks (refactoring existing code, producing new features, creating tests).
- Definition of acceptance criteria for features, required testing (software & integration), assessment of risk associated with new features, and ensuring that the software capabilities respond to the requirements
- Definition of content for releases, defining & maintaining release program, version numbers and deadlines.
- Definition of required tests to be passed before a release candidate is made an official release.
- Coach and mentor developers, driving best practices in software development for complex systems requiring scheduled and coordinated activities
- Refine and expand on existing software user needs and high level requirements, organize new software requirements under this framework
- Update and maintain the Software Requirement/Specification (SRS) and translate any new or revised Product Requirements into Software Requirements.
- Responsible for managing and communicating project definition, development milestones, project schedules, and project status in the development of new software releases
- Lead software projects based on strong understanding of system and software lifecycle - from feasibility definition and experimentation to verification and validation. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond to changes swiftly, energetically, and enthusiastically.
- Manage the software project to schedule and ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Collaborate closely and effectively with other internal and external teams to promote cross-team technology and knowledge sharing.
- Interact with all technical disciplines, software and hardware engineering, scientific, product support, and additional external development teams.
- Minimum B.S. degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Biomedical Engineering discipline
- 5+ years managing software projects involving control of hardware/robotics/fluidic systems
- 5+ years developing software for laboratory automation, robotics or similar mechatronic systems.
- Strong experience coding in C/C++.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to keep others organized, including managing activities across global work forces
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle, and an ability to pair a system-level view with day-to-day technical knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and multi-tasking
Ideal Candidate will have
- Foundational understanding of system software fundamentals and strong interest in improving process
- Strong track record of on-time project delivery and managing entire project life cycle
- Ability to influence teams to adopt best practices
- Self-motivated and proactive with critical thinking and resourcefulness to drive the project to success, making an impact in health technologies
- Experience in Biotechnology area is a significant plus
- Job located in South San Francisco
- Start date: Q2 2021