Research Associate III In Vivo and Cell Based Assays
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results.
What Your New Manager Wants You To Know
Allergan Aesthetics, Aesthetics Biological Research is seeking a highly motivated and innovative candidate for role of Research Associate III – In vivo and cell-based potency and pharmacology assays. The successful candidate for this position will work independently and contribute to projects aimed at characterizing protein-based therapeutics. He/she will be carrying out a variety of in vivo animal models, primarily motor neuronal assays, and cell-based assays to evaluate the activity and functionality of therapeutic proteins. This individual will organize, analyze and interpret results, come forward with recommendations, and communicate and present in team meetings and reports. The ideal candidate will be able to propose and design assays and have exceptional troubleshooting skills. Experience with rodent models, including injection and handling of animals, establishing cell cultures, western blots, and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISA) is a requirement. Experience with immunohistochemistry is a plus. The successful candidate will collaborate extensively with other Research Associates and Scientists, while taking personal responsibility for success of assigned tasks and projects.
Furthermore, the position requires the individual to work with and in areas requiring select agents and Toxins access (i.e. Biosafety level 2 and biosafety level 3 laboratories). Access to and use of select agents is regulated by federal policies. Therefore, the candidate must conduct all work activities in compliance with AbbVie internal and applicable regulatory requirements. AbbVie internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE…
First class team player: collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure compliance and ability to influence cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- In vivo assays: Handle rodent animals and perform primarily motor neuronal pharmacology in vivo rodent studies
- Cell based assays: Culture cells and perform primarily ELISA based potency assays.
- Conduct Data analysis, report writing and presentations to multidisciplinary teams
- Coordinate CRO studies as needed, e.g., protein and RNA analysis
- Bachelor-level education in biological science field and atleast 3 years specific experience in either academic or industry laboratory setting, with a focus on in vivo and cell based assays.
- Experience in performing rodent animal models, such as animal handling, compound preparation and injection of animals through a variety of different routes is required.
- Extensive experience with cell culture, western blots and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISA) is required.
- Extensive experience with developing, performing and troubleshooting assays.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills are required.
- Computer skills: advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and GraphPad Prism
In this role, we’re looking for a leader who will:
- Act as an Owner
- Be Excellence Focused
- Act as an Influencer
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.