Associate Director, Sourcing- Third Party Manufacturing
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Lead sourcing initiatives and category management supporting Third Party Manufacturing needs for combination and device products, large molecule (biologics drug substance / drug product), and finished goods (fill/finish) requirements within our global bio-pharmaceutical business. Position is responsible for establishing, articulating, and implementing sourcing strategies supporting major pipeline and on-market programs. Position requires a proactive, collaborative approach that is: stakeholder and supplier focused, analytical, creative, dynamic, and demonstrative of continuous improvement. Drive value to the corporation.
- Develop strategies, execute, and manage global sourcing for Stakeholders to drive value for pipeline and on-market assurance of supply, representing a minimum of $50 million of annual expenditures.
- Thorough understanding of our products, pipeline, and priorities, including the ability to see short- and long-term plans to meet business needs.
- Deliver successful sourcing projects that yield significant benefits to the corporation including; savings, re-engineered business processes, sustainable long term performance based agreements and risk mitigating supply strategies.
- Collaborate to influence, engage, inspire, and direct others toward the timely achievement of objectives across functions. Set aspirational targets and be accountable for results. Evaluate milestone achievements and address issues through appropriate channels.
- Skilled execution of negotiation process, including usage of data, best practices and deal closure. Properly convert the negotiated deals to performance based, legally sound contracts that serve as a guide for on-going supplier management and program sustainability.
- Foster the exchange of ideas and information as well as establishing productive working relationships and teams.
- Communicate with management and stakeholder groups affected by the team sourcing decisions.
- Expert analytical abilities to gather, analyze and perform complex analyses of the spend data, market data and supplier proposals, in order to yield fact-based decisions that address key stakeholder business needs.
- Solutions-oriented professional with strong conflict resolution skills.
- Represent company-face and provide leadership in identifying and developing strategic supplier relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Chemistry/Biology or like degree.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)-desired.
12 years of total combined minimum experience required.
- Recognized as Sourcing Authority, Project Management, Conflict Resolution, Seasoned Negotiator, Supply Chain Management, Production Planning, Value Engineering, Cost Analysis, Financial Analysis, Quality Systems and Documentation, Regulatory Issues, Technical, Compliance, and Contracting experience.
- Supervision of Matrix Organization, Strong Communication/Persuasion, Systems savvy, Presentation and Interpersonal Skills.
- Ability to lead high performance teams to drive timely fact based sourcing decisions.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, execute and measure successful project implementations.
- Displays the capabilities of project management to formulate and execute complex project objectives for maximum value creation.
Position may be US or European based
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.