Senior Architect, Salesforce Commerce Cloud
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
As a discipline expert and contact, drives functional performance by designing and implementing business technology solutions aimed at enabling and accelerating delivery of new or improved eCommerce Solutions. Technical leader acting at group, department and cross-functional levels. Responsible for managing Data, Solutions, and/or Technology architectures and tying the solutions to broader Enterprise Architecture. Primary focus of Commerce Cloud architect would be focused on developing innovating eCommerce offerings in both B2B and B2C areas and would not only be well versed in Technology Architecture but also would lead System Integration, User Experience(UX) and process improvements.
- Develops and achieves Salesforce Commerce Cloud technology architecture strategy in alignment with functional goals and key business objectives. Collaborates with experts within function and outside to integrate technical objectives into activities associated with accelerated development of solutions on Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Advanced technical expertise in Salesforce Commerce Cloud with proven implementation experience. Proactively demonstrates leadership by advising and sharing knowledge and expert opinions with subordinates, peers, and senior management. Mentors and trains other colleagues on best practices, current and emerging technology trends
- Provides strategic consultancy support to internal customers in defining or designing business processes and researching and identifying enabling technologies based on customer requirements.
- Collaborates internally and externally in brainstorming, designing, architecting and implementing new solutions as well as suggesting tools, technologies and best practices to lead continuous improvements on existing eCommerce sites
- Works in close conjunction with other Salesforce leads on integrating with Salesforce products such as Sales, Service, Marketing, Communities etc.
- Plays an active role in taking broad and sometimes vague user requirements and turning them into actionable user stories that can then be turned into development items
- Leads code reviews, architecture assessments and assists in backlog grooming, sprint planning activities with Product manager to define the roadmap for eCommerce systems.
- Works towards building a best in class eCommerce experience for both B2B and B2C customers
- Responsible for adherence to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP, SOX, PCI and PII compliance and security.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in Science or Technology related field with extensive (typically 10+ years) of related work; Master’s Degree or equivalent education in Science or Technology.
- Extensive project implementation experience in Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Salesforce Reference Architecture and Site Genesys implementations
- Extensive experience in integration 3rd party OMS using web services (SOAP and REST APIs)
- Full Stack development experience with solid back-end and latest emerging front-end technologies
- Experience in variety of IT roles including technical, application development, business systems and data management. Additional experience in setting IT strategy, formal product evaluations, interactions with senior IT Management, and managing multi-lingual, multi-divisional and cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience with other Salesforce products (Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Community Cloud, etc.) is highly desirable
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.