AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Director of Analytics will lead on-going delivery of and capability innovation in the Commercial Investment Optimization area in the environment of multi-channel customer and consumer engagement, an increasingly diverse product and brand portfolio, and evolving distribution channels. Responsible for providing analytic and data driven guidance for optimization of marketing, sales, and other commercial investments across multiple product categories and markets. Will lead analyses to recommend investment optimization opportunities through commercial mix modeling, what if analyses, simulations and other data analysis approaches. The Director will partner with brand teams to help formulate commercial investment strategy, identify tactical opportunities, enhance promotional and media programs and develop metrics and practices for measuring and improving marketing and promotional campaigns and initiatives. Will collaborate with Finance, Marketing, Loyalty teams and Business Technology to design, build, and implement next generation integrated omni-channel measurement and optimization capability.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead internal and external resources to deliver commercial mix and other analytic models, simulations and optimization scenarios, to provide guidance for budget and execution optimization across the U.S. and International product portfolio
- Collaborate with brand and cross-functional business teams to formulate strategic and tactical investment recommendations, identify multi-channel mix optimization opportunities, measure and improve promotional and media campaigns
- Design, develop, and execute data and analytic processes to measure effectiveness, efficiency, and ROI across promotional channels and tactics, including Sales Force Detailing, Peer-to-Peer programs, HCP professional events, Direct-to-Consumer initiatives across digital and other media, Point-of-Care channels as well as various Loyalty campaigns
- Collaborate with Professional and Consumer Marketing, Sales Planning and Analytics, and Loyalty and Personalization teams to develop and implement next generation integrated and dynamic investment optimization capability to enable real-time optimization of consumer and customer experiences in multi-channel environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or analytic discipline required; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in advanced analytics and analytic modeling in the areas of business performance analysis, forecasting, promotion and media effectiveness and optimization, and consumer purchase behavior
- Analytic experience in multiple verticals such as Consumer Package Goods, Health and Beauty Care, Retail, or Pharma
- Advanced skills and experience in anticipating and identifying stakeholder needs, and developing, articulating, and delivering actionable data driven solutions to business problems
- Strong advising and communication skills for effective advocacy and influencing
- In-depth experience and knowledge of analytic, data mining, and statistical techniques and software platforms is required
- Demonstrated ability to leverage multiple sources of data and to integrate them to deliver actionable recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Strong ability to work effectively in highly matrixed organizational environment
- Strong teamwork skills and experience; deep experience in managing external vendors
- Strong agility and ability to deliver with excellence in highly demanding and fast paced business environment
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.